Principal Product Designer
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Description: Principal Product Designer (UX) - AppsThe Principal Product Designer is a seasoned user experience professional who takes the lead to provide a visionary outlook to product teams from the lens of guest research and world-class product design & development. In support of Target's Apps product teams (web, apps, in store), this team member will identify guest experience opportunities by continually experimenting, through product discovery, with both next-generation ideas and optimizations in support of Target's business strategies. The product designer will craft UX strategy, drive and facilitate product discovery through testing and research, sketch concepts, define information architecture, build prototypes, and will collaborate with product managers, engineers and other partners.The successful candidate must be able to show specific work samples and case studies that show both strategic thought process as well as stellar user experience design capabilities.Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. Take the lead as you…
- Drive the product discovery process, in partnership with Product Owners, Engineering Leads, UX Researchers and Product Designers. Generate new concept ideas and hypotheses, rapidly prototype and test out those ideas, conduct UX research, pivot quickly to new directions.
- Think big: Identify opportunities for innovation and next-generation guest experiences within Target's omnichannel shopping ecosystem.
- Keep a pulse on data, both qualitative and quantitative as well as using industry benchmarking and emerging trends to track Target's performance and potential.
- Participate in product strategic direction (together with product owners and engineering leads) to identify objectives & key results for the product teams.
- Behave proactively - with a bias toward action - to push product team work forward with high standards & an approach that follows the voice of the guest.
- Provide day-to-day work direction to additional product designers, and review and critique work done by the team.
- Understand how to incorporate both qualitative and quantitative research into the design process and be able to articulate and defend design decisions using this research as an input and a guide.
- Follow through on delivery: create documents and assets to support engineering in shipping the product out the door.
- Collaborate wildly well with others including other designers, engineers, product managers, QA staff, accessibility team members, and partners in marketing.
- Define and maintain a pattern library of UI and design elements, together with engineers and accessibility, to ensure reusable, proven and tested patterns are documented and socialized to individual tools teams.
- 10+ years experience in digital software product work, with user experience emphases in research, UX architecture and interaction design.
- Expert skills in wireframing, design, and prototyping tools (includes Axure, Omnigraffle, Sketch, Invision, Illustrator, Photoshop or equivalent)
- Experience in both in-person and remote UX research methodologies and ability to conduct or partner with research expert.
- Must work well independently and have the ability to successfully lead large-scale projects and initiatives involving multiple cross-functional teams
- Must be an exceptional collaborator and persuader
- Must be able to work well in a matrixed environment
- Must be able to present well and articulate and defend design decisions with grace and logic, and data