Lead Product Owner - Product Design & Development
Description: Lead Product Owner - Product Design and DevelopmentAbout us:Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.Product teams at Target Corporation are accountable for the delivery of product outcomes. Product outcomes are a combination of delivering business value features, and creating a technology system that is easily maintained and highly reliable. Product teams have one shared backlog that is inclusive of all product, technology and design work.PRIMARY FUNCTIONLead Product Owner will be responsible for core technologies that enable our Product Design and Development creative teams and suppliers to create innovative products that delight our guests. These are technologies Target utilized to curate concepts, design/develop products, manage raw materials and ensure product quality/compliance in conjunction with our vendor partners. The product owner will represent the “voice of the guest and the internal customer”. By discovering and prioritizing a list problems, you work with a talented engineering team and 3rd party technology platforms to ensure that the team is delivering maximum business value. This role is part of our overall Merchandising capability. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drafts key product strategies and objectives and key results (OKRs) for the product(s).
- Possess a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience integration and dependencies.
- Accountable for created product(s), working in the product model and communicating with business partners.
- Lead dual track agile to balance both Delivery and Discovery activities within your team
- Lead, manage and collaborate with cross-functional teams, business partners and stakeholder management for the product(s).
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy.
- Ensure stories and/or Epics clearly communicate the customer and stakeholder needs to the development partners.
- Stays current on industry knowledge, business context and customer personas related to this product
- Provides competitive analysis, monitoring and Market, and Gap Analysis to key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated passion and fluency for the technical and data aspects of your business.
- Lead and manage small cross-geography SCRUM teams, including engineers, ensuring the teams are aligned around similar goals and objectives.
- Encourages the open exchange of information and viewpoints
- Inspires others to achieve challenging goals and high standards of performance while committing to the organizations direction
- Foster a sense of urgency in to achieve goals and leverage resources to overcome unexpected obstacles
- 2-3 years of retail or software experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in working in a matrix environment
- Proven problem solving skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills. Ease at working with senior leadership
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Product Design and Development or Sourcing experience
- Product Life Cycle Management (PLM) industry experience in a retail environment
- 3D/Virtual product development (Optitex, Browzwear, CLO or similar technologies)
- Experience in a software organization
- Product Owner certification