Conference Services Executive
Days: TBD - based on business needs
Hiring rate or hiring range: Based on qualifications
Responsible for coordinating final details for upcoming conventions and meetings that include hotel room commitments. This person will offer personalized catering solutions for upcoming events including up-selling, menu development, meeting space finalization, suggesting and securing A/V needs, development and coordination of room layouts and décor, coordination of supporting activities in the casino, and creating pre- and post-convention opportunities for attendees.
- Contact clients to establish convention, catering, and timetable details. Discuss and develop proposals, contracts, group resumes, Banquet Event Orders (BEOs), etc. for client review and approval. Up-sell to clients with creative menus and event design enhancements geared towards higher guest satisfaction and increased revenues. Provide convention and catering materials to clients or prospective clients, and establishes payment and billing methods.
- Up-sell to clients with creative menus and event design enhancements geared towards higher guest satisfaction and increased revenues. Primary responsibility is to work with other deparments to create unique experiences, including but not limited to gaming activities, which increase the overall revenue potential of the group before, during, and after the contracted hotel stay.
- Coordinate convention events with appropriate departments, i.e., culinary, hotel, banquets, AV and security, to ensure client satisfaction. Work with departments on changes initiatied by clients related to menus, seating, hotel, AV needs, etc.
- Adhere to sales and catering processes and systems.
- Develop convention room diagrams to ensure compliance with safety and fire codes and client's wishes. Contact clients if changes are required due to safety concerns.
- Combination of post-secondary education in sales, marketing, hospitality or related course work and catering sales experience with extensive knowledge of banquet menus and room sets to equal three years.
- Excellent PC knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products and catering software management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact with a diverse group of people.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work independently and to prioritize and organize multiple projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- General knowledge of safety and fire codes.
- Valid driver's license may be required with good driving record and reliable transportation.