Essential Job Functions:
- Provide general safety orientation for newly hired employees and follow-up training for existing employees.
- Identify safety-training needs and train supervisors of their safety responsibilities.
- Implements and directs safety program.
- Maintain logs and other recording requirements for OSHA.
- Coordinate and facilitate Monthly Safety Meetings and serve as chairperson.
- Establish and maintain injury rate below a self-specified target.
- Responsible for tracking injuries and implementing timely and effective countermeasures for all documented incidents/injuries.
- Assist supervisors with implementing and ensuring safety practices, procedures and safe job procedures are followed.
- Investigate accidents and complete required reports.
- Conduct safety audits and hazard analysis.
- Recommend and develop safety procedures and practices to included PPE requirements.
- Perform work in a safe manner and follows all safety guidelines and procedure.
- Domestic and international travel required and could include weekend travel depending on the project.
- Performs related work or job duties as required by supervisor.
- May be responsible for the following;
- Researching and responding to outside safety inspectors and consultant’s recommendations.
- Work with production engineer on safety projects or resolving hazards.
- Accompany outside safety inspectors and consultants on tour of facility.
- Serve as Emergency Facilitator and coordinate Emergency Action Plan.
- Ensure government compliance with safety regulations.
- Determine necessary safety equipment and protective wear.
- Coordinate with outside vendors regarding safety products.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills Required Advising People Expert Attention to Detail Expert Ability to Work Under Pressure Expert Coaching Expert Delegating Expert Decision Making Expert Enforcing Rules Expert Navigating Company ERP System Expert Following Instructions Expert Motivating Others Expert Problem Solving Expert Resolving Conflicts Expert Taking Initiative Expert Time Management Expert Training Expert Domestic and International Travel Expert Using Computers Expert Verbal Communication Expert Writing Clearly and Concisely Expert Preferred Blue Print Reading Expert
Leader Inspires teammates to follow them
Functional Expert Considered a thought leader on a subject
Innovative Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Detail Oriented Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Self-Starter Inspired to perform without outside help
Job Security Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
Ability to Make an Impact Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Bachelors or better in Management or related field.Experience Licenses & Certifications