Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for designing custom radiators, oil coolers, and heat exchangers.
- Follow corporate application engineering policy through design, quoting, drafting, and production support.
- Consult with External Customers, Customer Service, and Sales to acquire necessary information to ensure properly designed quality unit.
- Remain updated on current information and requirements from engine manufacturers and suppliers.
- Participate in required field tests to verify acceptable cooling system design.
- Responsible for scheduling and accounting for all associated travel and expenses.
- Assist sales and other departments with special projects such as field problems and/or cooling complaints.
- Provide technical support and primary engineering coverage for assigned engineering support accounts and sales.
- Responsible for file documentation including design requirements, calculations, drawings and correspondence with customers and others for design verification.
- Review design changes when required and initiate drawing and /or process revision.
- Perform work in a safe manner and follow all safety guidelines and procedure.
- Domestic and international travel required and could include weekend travel depending on the project.
- Performs other related work or job duties as required by supervisor.
- Occasional weekend work may be required to complete a project.
(May) Responsible for maintaining assigned OEM sales accounts.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required for Entry Level:
- Strong mechanical aptitude required, detail orientated, and strong initiative.
- Knowledgeable of engineer drawings, blueprints and understand complex technical writing.
- Must be detailed orientated and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Communicate, in English, effectively and clearly by both written and verbal means.
- Demonstrate maturity, intelligence, cooperation, and discretion.
- Prepare and maintain a variety of related records, spreadsheets and reports using Microsoft Office Products.
- Work effectively with fellow employees and independently.
- Experience with SolidWorks Software.
- Dependability under both supervised and unsupervised conditions.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical, drug and background test.
Minimum Qualifications for Application:
4 year Engineering Degree
3-5 years of engineering experience
Knowledge of Epicor, Ultimate software or similar ERP system.
Experience in Lean Manufacturing, 5S, or Six Sigma.
Skills Required Solid works Software Novice Domestic and International Travel Novice Preferred Technical Work Novice Navigating Company ERP System Novice Proposing Ideas Novice Problem Solving Novice Meeting Deadlines Novice Maintaining Schedules or Times Novice Extracting or Gathering Information Novice Dealing With Complaints Novice Customer Service Novice Critical Thinking Novice Calculating Load Capacities Novice Analyzing Problems Novice 3-D Printing and Modeling Novice
Functional Expert Considered a thought leader on a subject
Detail Oriented Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Dedicated Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Goal Completion Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Growth Opportunities Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Ability to Make an Impact Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Flexibility Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Bachelors or better in Mechanical Engineering or related field.Experience
Required3-5 years: Mechanical Engineering Licenses & Certifications