L&M Radiator, Inc. designs, manufactures, and distributes industrial radiators and heat exchangers that feature individual replaceable colling tubes. The company provides engine radiators, engine-colling packages, retrofit replacement radiators, air-to-oil coolers, air-to-air coolers, charge air coolers, and tube and sheller coolers. This position offers a competitive wage and full benefit package. Core office hours are Monday - Friday 7:00am-4:00pm.
- Run “Open Purchase Order” report and review for accuracy daily.
- Daily run of Purchase Suggestions and ensure inventory items required for production are ordered.
- Review sales orders for special buy out parts.
- Maintain and update “Approved Supplier List,” review and complete Discrepant Material Reports (DMR).
- Track cost savings and report quarterly to Purchasing Manager.
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers.
- Review supplier and vendor performance and report via “Scorecards.”
- Complete close out reports on meetings and file for future follow up.
- Negotiate the best possible prices for supplies and document in ERP software system.
- Order non-inventory items.
- Obtain price and delivery time estimates for customer quotes.
- Review all HQ and Plant inventory. Review inventory shortages to determine cause so system can be improved to prevent re-occurrences.
- Follow up with vendors on overdue orders.
- Attend production and foremen meetings, manufacturing committee meetings and quality planning meetings.
- Respond to questions from production on availability and expected delivery dates for inventory items.
- Order parts for L&M subsidiaries.
- Answer vendor questions on fabricated parts orders.
- Verify purchase requisitions by comparing items requested to master list; clarifying unclear items; recommend alternatives.
- Prepare purchase orders by confirming specifications and price; obtain recommendations from suppliers for substitute items; acquire approval from requisitioning department.
- Organize, create and maintain proper documentation. Keep all information and documentation accessible by sorting and filing; utilize ERP software system as much as possible.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Perform work in a safe manner and follow all safety guidelines and procedure.
- Domestic and international travel required and could include weekend travel depending on the project.
- Perform related work or other job duties as required by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required for Entry Level:
- Vendor/Supplier relationship experience.
- Organized, detailed, and thorough.
- Computer skills and knowledge of ERP systems and the raw materials.
- Proficient data entry skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Communicate, in English, effectively and clearly by both written and verbal means.
- Excellent phone etiquette.
- Demonstrate maturity, intelligence, cooperation, and discretion.
- Work effectively with fellow employees and independently.
- Must be dependable and reliable under both supervised and unsupervised conditions.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical, drug screen and background test.
- Attendance Critical
Minimum Qualifications for Application:
Bachelor’s degree in related field and minimum of 5 years related experience in Purchasing or Manufacturing.
Knowledge of Epicor or similar ERP system.
Experience in Lean Manufacturing.
Experience in: Supply Management, Tracking Budget Expenses, Customer Service, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Manufacturing Quality, Cost Accounting
Fluent in SpanishQualifications:
Thought Provoking Capable of making others think deeply on a subject
Team Player Works well as a member of a group
Detail Oriented Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Ability to Make an Impact Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Self-Starter Inspired to perform without outside help
Goal Completion Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Bachelors or better in Logistics /Supply Chain Management or related field.Experience
Required3-5 years: Supply Management, Tracking Budget Expenses, Customer Service, Supply Management, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Manufacturing Quality, Cost Accounting or similar experience Licenses & Certifications