Sr Data Center Technician (Maintenance) - Overnight
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Description: Principal Duties and ResponsibilitiesAs a Data Center Technician, you will collaborate with the Engineering, Raised Floor, and Central Plant teams to fulfill your job functions. The items listed below are not intended to be an exhaustive list, rather a representation of key responsibilities.See Yourself:
- Monitoring Building Systems - Uses SCADA, ALC, and other applications as well as building rounds to monitor systems and ensures those systems are operating efficiently and to original specifications. Escalates and takes corrective action where appropriate if system is not performing to standards.
- Initiating Escalations - Follows escalation processes and provides designated first responders pertinent information about controls and indicators on equipment and systems to assist with determining root cause and corrective action. May be required to take initial action to assist with containment of operational abnormalities.
- Resolving Issues or Problems - Follows established protocols and works with senior Data Center Technicians, Engineering and vendors to assist with resolving electrical/mechanical system issues or problems. Recognizes gaps or deficiencies in existing protocols/procedures and recommends improvements.
- Using Team Specific Applications - Develops proficiency in the use of team specific applications such as ALC and Wonderware. Ensures those applications are maintained properly while helping to implement improvements.
- Working with Vendors - In coordination with Operation Manager, senior Data Center Technicians, and Engineering, work in the vendors that supply and support the electrical and mechanical systems and components. When possible assists with system and equipment preventive maintenance and repairs. May monitor performance of vendors and provide input to vendor performance reviews.
- Installing and Maintaining Equipment - Works closely with senior Data Center Technicians, Engineering team and vendors to ensure that new equipment is properly specified and installed correctly. Verifies equipment placement by referencing drawings and uses PM/CM procedures along with O&M material after installation to ensure proper maintenance and operation. Helps determines proper electrical source and connections for raised floor equipment installations. Builds electrical cabling and labels circuit breakers. De-installs older equipment or systems at the end of their life cycle.
- Continuously Improving - Identify potential improvements and assist with implementing improvements in existing processes and procedures in collaboration with the different DCO teams, support partners and vendors.
- Information Security - Applies basic knowledge of information security practices, policies, standards, and regulatory requirements to assignments. Where appropriate identifies, assesses, and prioritizes technology risks. Understand the impacts of security gaps, vulnerabilities, incidents, and threats; develops appropriate response and remediation plans.
- Training - Increases proficiency in equipment, systems, and safety by taking part in on-site and off-site training.
- Scheduling - When necessary, works with the Operations Manager, senior Data Center Technicians and scheduler in order to organize vendor activities.
- Special Projects - Project Duties as assigned.
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- One year related experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with all levels within the company.
- Adaptable to changing priorities and tasks to meet client service levels.
- Able to work under pressure and time constraints.
- Strong sense of urgency and ownership.
- High level of initiative and organization.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Moderate to advance PC Skills. Comfortable with working on third party software.
- Ability to alter shift to accommodate training activities or perform shift coverage when needed.
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to access all areas of the facility
- Occasional travel.
- Working knowledge of data center electrical and mechanical equipment and dependencies between equipment and systems.
- Industrial/Trade school courses
- Electrical trade school degree