Project Manager - Information Technology Services
Project Manager - Information Technology Services
Posted Date 2 weeks ago(5/14/2018 8:04 AM)
Number of Openings 1
Closing Date Open Until Filled
Type of Search Staff
Who May Apply This position is open to all qualified applicants.
Position Number 300994
Department/Unit Information Technology Services - ITS
FLSA Status Exempt/Salaried
Employment Type Full-Time Staff
Assigned Months per Year 12
Benefits Eligible Yes
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Project Manager position within the Information Technology Services Department.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
- Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
- A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
- Medical, dental, and vision options
- Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
The ITS Project Manager is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating traditional and agile project teams through the project lifecycle, driving to completion. This position will simultaneously manage and deliver multiple projects per agreed upon scope, schedule, budget, and objectives and is responsible for facilitating communication with the project team, consultants, vendors, project stakeholders.
- Plan, lead, and organize traditional and agile project teams on multiple projects
- Project Initiation/Planning: Lead project scoping, plan and facilitate project kickoff, complete project schedule, collaborate with resource managers to perform resource planning, develop communication plans and communicate plans to campus stakeholders and to the campus community when appropriate.
- Project Execution/Control: Monitor project execution, including vendor deliverables and provide status reporting on project progress. Prioritize and address new or unresolved issues, risks and proposed changes. Escalate as appropriate. Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders and manage project risk and issues. Communicate status and action information as part of the project communication plan, and informally as the needs of the project necessitate. Assure consistent application of the ITS project management methodology.
- Project Closeout: Complete detailed post project review and identify changes to improve overall project delivery. Communicate results.
- Resource Management: Promote effective team interaction and collaboration and continuously work to meet the needs of the project team and stakeholders. Facilitate project team interaction and all applicable stakeholder communication and collaboration.
Business Analysis / Process Improvement:
- Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Project Management
- Use agreed upon business systems analysis processes to produce appropriate documentation
- Understand client organization's direction, structure, and requirements
- Prepare requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations Serve as a technical liaison to university departments to find ways to utilize their existing systems more effectively
- Suggest areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
- Conduct marketplace reviews/research regarding vendor, software or solution types
Create Request for Proposal (RFP) based on documented requirements
- Collaborate with others on and outside the team
- Agile Project Manager is responsible for coaching, mentoring and developing team members
- Team building – promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team
- Team Management – Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members
- Develop accurate and complete test plans
- Develop test cases
- Conduct testing according to plan
- Ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner
- Review test plans and test cases written by others and provide useful critiques
Administration / Internal Procedures:
- Assist in creating / developing and delivering an Agile training a program and Agile processes
- Assist in developing best practices for Project Management and Business Analysis
- Accurately prepare written business correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective, professional and engaging
- Attend department meetings, serve on department committees, etc.
- Exhibit proficiency with and follow ITS procedures for Communication Updates,
- Call/incident tracking, Communication guidelines.
- BA/BS with an emphasis in Information Technology, Communications, English, Software Development, Management or related field
- Three (3) years of related work experience to include managing multiple, medium-scale projects that encompass diverse business and technology areas.
- Experience managing Agile/SCRUM projects.
- Experience managing technical projects. This includes writing project plans (statement of work (SOW) and task list), working to maintain project scope, issue tracking and resolution.
- Experience with communicating to departments, development team, vendors, and management.
- Experience with a project-tracking tool.
- Experience developing formal requirements. This includes interviewing skills, documenting current and desired workflow, and documenting requirements to a testable level.
- Experience coordinating entire testing efforts. This includes writing test plans, developing structured test cases, executing test cases, tracking issues, and coordinating change control.
- Previous experience in a higher education institution is preferred but not required.
- CAPM / PMP / CBAP / Agile / SCRUM (CSM) Certification Preferred
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer