Bindery Finishing Manager
Job Title – Bindery Finishing Manager
Coordinate and direct all bindery operations. The Bindery Manager works with Plant Scheduler and the Vice President of Operations in formulating workflow plans to insure customers are receiving their products on time. The Bindery Manager will be responsible for developing efficient work methods, and collaborating with employees to increase productivity while maintaining our strong safety record.
The Manager is also will be expected to communicate with management and its staff on a daily basis which includes motivating, training and holding employees accountable that processes and procedures are followed. The Bindery Manager and his team are responsible for achieving the fiscal objectives set by management for bindery operations.
- Provide oversight and direction to the employees in the Bindery/Finishing department
- Coach, mentor and develop staff, including overseeing new employee orientation and providing career development planning and opportunities.
- Empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals. Delegate responsibilities and expect accountability and regular feedback.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among department employees.
- Conduct a performance evaluation which includes goal setting, feedback, and performance development planning.
- Lead employees to meet the organization's expectations for productivity, quality, and goal accomplishment.
- Maintain employee work schedules including assignments, job rotation, training, vacations and paid time off, telecommuting, cover for absenteeism, and overtime scheduling.
- Maintain transparent communication. Appropriately communicate organization information through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, and appropriate email, and regular interpersonal communication.
- Manage the overall operational, budgetary, and financial responsibilities and activities of the department.
- Plan and implement systems that perform the work and fulfill the mission and the goals of the department efficiently and effectively.
- Plan and allocate resources to effectively staff and accomplish the work to meet departmental productivity and quality goals.
- Plan, evaluate, and improve the efficiency of business processes and procedures to enhance speed, quality, efficiency, and output.
- Make business decisions that are financially responsible, accountable, justifiable, and defensible in accordance with organization policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain relevant controls and feedback systems to monitor the operation of the department.
- Manage the preparation and maintenance of reports necessary to carry out the functions of the department.
- Prior experience in a Management role and experience in leading a team of 50+ employees
- Attention to detail
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Previous Bindery experience is REQUIRED. Candidates must be able to read and understand a job ticket, layout sheet, artwork and the finishing equipment.
- Competitive Salary
- Insurance (Health, dental, vision)
- Life, accident & Critical Care Insurance
- PTO /Holidays
- Retirement benefits/401K
- School Reimbursement
- Work/life balance
- Free Workout Room
About the Company:
The John Roberts Company is seeking experienced & talented individuals to join our team. Put your skills to work in our 220 square foot printing facility where we print high-quality, full-color retail advertisements and other products that make our customers businesses shine.
We have been recognized for over 10 years in the printing industry as one of the best workplaces to work. Join a progressive company that offers competitive pay, benefits and excellent career opportunities.
Candidates must pass pre-employment physical/drug screen and background check.
Applicants are welcome to apply within or through our web site.
The John Roberts Company
Attention Debby Boyd
9687 East River Road
Coon Rapids, MN 55433