Assistant Director of Law Admissions
Assistant Director of Law Admissions
Posted Date 2 weeks ago(5/14/2018 11:16 AM)
Number of Openings 1
Closing Date Open until Filled
Type of Search Staff
Who May Apply This position is open to all qualified applicants.
Position Number 330069
Department/Unit School of Law
FLSA Status Exempt/Salaried
Employment Type Full-Time Staff
Assigned Months per Year 12
Benefits Eligible Yes
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for an Assistant Director of Law Admissions within the School of Law.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
- Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
- A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
- Medical, dental, and vision options
- Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
The Assistant Director of Admissions reports to the Assistant Dean of Admissions and assists with the planning and implementation of recruitment program activities. This position will help coordinate on- and off-campus programs, counsel students regarding the admissions and financial aid process, assist the marketing department in developing publications, and assist the Assistant Dean in compiling data and statistics for reports. The Assistant Director will assist in electronic communication, integration of electronic media and website content relating to admissions, and recruiting with prospective and admitted students. The Assistant Director should bring successful experience in meeting enrollment goals, aiding in the development and evaluation of a strategic recruitment and enrollment plan.
Specific duties include assisting the admissions effort of the School of Law, including managing admissions-related projects, managing and reporting data, coordinating the marketing communication sequence, reviewing applicant files, and planning recruiting events to achieve matriculation goals. Extensive travel is required. The Assistant Director will develop relationships with pre-law advisors and participates in off-campus recruitment efforts. The Assistant Director coordinates ongoing enrollment advisement. The Assistant Director works in a collaborative relationship with current law school students, faculty, administrative offices, alumni and university offices, and actively works towards enhancing the quality and diversity of each year's entering class.
- Work with the Assistant Dean of Admissions and Admissions Committee to develop a national recruiting calendar and actively participate as one of the primary contacts for travel and coverage of these events. As part of this effort, the assistant director for admissions will analyze past recruitment efforts to have a clear understanding of the success and failures of the previous recruiting efforts, and to further improve the focus of our ongoing efforts.
- Entertain personal visits, email, and telephone conversations with prospective and admitted students to address their specific questions and concerns and to further market St. Thomas Law and its programs. Further develop relationships with pre-law advisors throughout the nation by arranging personal campus visits, and attending institutionally sponsored recruiting events.
- Help to plan, organize and participate in St. Thomas Law events for prospective and admitted students. The goal of these events are to both inform and exemplify St. Thomas Law's sense of community, mission, and academic strength and thereby, assisting prospective students and applicants in making a positive decision about the law school.
- Remain educated and informed on trends in legal education and the legal market that influence prospective and admitted student's decisions to attend law school and specifically, the University of St. Thomas School of Law. Engage in professional development opportunities when available, especially as they relate to recruiting and admissions policies, procedures and the developing body of law regarding admissions.
- Development and interpretation of recurring and ad-hoc statistical reports on admissions and recruitment. Ensure that only accurate information or statistical data is given to constituents. Examining admission data for integrity: Analyzing information in recruiting and admissions to ensure data standards are enforced and our information is accurate, consistent and complete. Creating reports or writing scripts to extract information needed by external constituencies to meet the external reporting requirements.
- Managing and executing large scale communications: Fully understanding the communication cycle for prospective students, coordinating the efforts of numerous interested parties within Admissions and throughout the law school to accurately and efficiently extract the data needed to communicate with prospective students.
- Serve as arrival and housing contact for incoming domestic and international students. This will include working with community members and outside groups to identify housing options and relocation information.
- A Bachelor's degree
- Three to five years of admissions experience
- Must be willing and available to travel nationally.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- A graduate or law degree
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including a proven track record of effective public speaking
- Experience with office management including process development, relationship management, and creation of a positive, customer service based operation.
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer