ARTAS Care Linkage Specialist
2 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
JustUs Health, formed through the merger of Minnesota AIDS Project (MAP) and Rainbow Health Initiative (RHI), envisions a Minnesota where people from diverse gender, sexual, and cultural communities experience health and wellness in powerfully inclusive environments. Founded in 1983, MAP is widely recognized for the impact of its prevention and support services for individuals living with HIV or at risk of HIV infection. RHI, founded in 2001, advances the health of the LGBTQ communities through research, education and advocacy. Together, JustUs Health will lead work to achieve health equity for diverse gender, sexual, and cultural communities.
JustUs Health seeks a full-time ARTAS Care Linkage Specialist. This position is part of the BlaQue Alive a CDC funded project targeting Black Latino MSM with prevention, linkage to care services & retention in care services. The position will work closely with the AIDSLine, Minnesota’s information and referral center for HIV prevention and services. The ARTAS Care Linkage Specialist has comprehensive knowledge of HIV prevention, resources, services and community activities and applies this knowledge in work with the public. The ARTAS Care Linkage Specialist provides short term individualized assistance, primarily in community settings, to people living with HIV to help link them to care services such as insurance, medical care and case management. This position also builds and maintains relationships with partner organizations to facilitate linkage of new clients to services.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively as part of a team of HIV Testers/Outreach Workers & Care Linkage Workers including conduction HIV education and testing activities
- Maintain a current working knowledge of HIV prevention, care, research and related programs and services
- Assess individuals in crisis thoroughly and identify appropriate interventions to insure safety of all parties involved.
- Conducting direct and honest discussions with clients regarding sensitive topics such as sexual activity and drug use behavior.
- Deliver the ARTAS intervention to clients who are newly diagnosed or HIV-positive and out of care with a focus on linkage to medical care.
- Documenting face-to-face interactions in a thorough and timely manner.
- Communicate information in a professional and respectful manner both on the phone and in person. Communicate information to diverse populations in a manner that is respectful of cultural differences.
- Networking with area providers to promote referrals of individuals needing linkage services.
- Conduct all program related activities related to medication adherence using E2D2 app as well as peer-facilitated individual and support groups
- Conduct all program activities related to the Youth Advisory Board
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, human services or other related area or equivalent professional experience. Preference to those with one year or more of social service experience.
- Demonstrated skill and expertise working with African American, Latino or multi-racial communities who are disproportionately impacted by HIV. Those with lived experiences with this community are strongly encouraged to apply. Individuals fluent in Spanish are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrated comfort and skill in addressing Gay/Bi/MSM/Queer and Transgender health issues. Individuals from these communities are encouraged to apply
- Demonstrated capacity to work with HIV-positive people, and those engaged in risk behaviors for HIV in individual and group settings. Individuals from this target population encouraged to apply.
- Knowledge and comfort working with topics including: HIV health, HIV prevention and care education strategies, chemical health, mental health and sexual health and conducting this work from a client-centered, harm-reduction perspective.
- Comfort delivering HIV testing involving finger pokes and collection of a small amount of blood. Training will be provided.
- Comfort and skill being a peer leader, spokesperson and mentor with community members. Motivation to take leadership with individual tasks and to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Comfort and willingness to uphold and support clear boundaries with program participants and in peer-based settings.
- Strong verbal and written communication, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Valid Minnesota Driver’s license is preferred. Access to reliable transportation and ability to travel throughout the metro area is preferred.
- Experience working with computers and electronic databases.
Apply for ARTAS Care Linkage Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly