2 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Star Tribune is seeking a Sales Representative to work in our Obituary Sales Department. This position is responsible for generating revenue for Star Tribune by assisting both private party and funeral director customers in the placement/sales of quality obituary and in memoriam notices via phone, email, or fax. Additional responsibilities include providing professional and empathetic customer service and accurate ad copy and placement. Give customers recommendations that will produce the best possible notice. Keep current and knowledgeable on Obituary and in-Memoriam products and services, as well as Star Tribunes policies surrounding Obituaries.
- Minimum 2 years proven sales experience within a call center with demonstrated high level performance
- Ability to remain cool under pressure 100% of the time with highly sensitive customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good typing skills of at least 60 with very high accuracy
- Excellent Customer Service experience a plus
- Excellent proofreading skills, spelling and grammar, with superior attention to detail
- Strong time management/organizational skills
- Knowledge of Obituary legal requirements, policies, procedures and formats preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
One opening is a full time position, working one Saturday per month.
The other opening is 34 hours per week with full benefits, working Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 12:30 to 7:30 pm, Friday 12:30 to 6:30pm and Saturday 8:30am to 3:30 pm.