Program Development & Innovation Director
2 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Program Development & Innovation Director
Posted Date 4 weeks ago(5/23/2018 11:49 AM)
Number of Openings 1
Closing Date Open Until Filled
Type of Search Staff
Who May Apply This position is open to all qualified applicants.
Position Number 400345
Department/Unit Executive Education – OCB
FLSA Status Exempt/Salaried
Employment Type Full-Time Staff
Assigned Months per Year 12
Benefits Eligible Yes
Special Instructions During the application process, you will be asked to provide a one to two paragraph response to the following questions: | - Please give an example of a new program that you led the design on. What was your process and the outcome? | - Describe a time you worked with a difficult client. What was the situation and the outcome?
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Program Development & Innovation Director position within the Executive Education Department.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
- Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
- A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
- Medical, dental, and vision options
- Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
Working under the direction of the Assistant Dean, the Program Development & Innovation Director is responsible for quality curriculum design and development for Executive Education (non-degree) programs, Executive Education faculty orientation and development, and custom client management.
The Program Development & Innovation Director is responsible for the integrity of program design and overall quality across open enrollment and custom Executive Education programs. This role applies extensive knowledge of curriculum development processes, instructional methods, various learning formats and best practices in adult learning to create high-quality business-oriented and/or leadership development programs that meet the needs of working adults. Programs are offered in open-enrollment or custom formats and are delivered via traditional classroom-based instruction, online, or through blended curricula. This role requires experience and judgment in the area of course design, faculty selection, and business development.
The Program Development & Innovation Director is responsible for establishing program learning objectives based on market or client requirements, participating in the review and selection of qualified faculty members (drawn from the University's faculty and adjunct pools), and working as a team member to ensure curricular continuity throughout an integrated educational program.
The Program Development & Innovation Director is also involved with client management and may join some business development activities. Client management will involve managing contracts and pricing scenarios as well as relationship management. This role will require prioritizing and allocating resources to ensure client deliverables are met with the quality seal expected of St. Thomas Executive Education.
In addition to being the lead practitioner on high profile program development, the Program Development & Innovation Director is also charged with the responsibility of identifying, hiring, and developing Executive Education faculty. This role will help to refine faculty policies in collaboration with the Assistant Dean as well as other important contracting responsibilities (e.g., CME credits).
The Program Development and Innovation Director will be a member of the Executive Education Leadership Team and will have responsibilities that reach into the broader Opus College of Business and University of St. Thomas Community. The Executive Education Leadership team will encompass: Operations, Custom Programs, and Marketing & Open Enrollment. This leadership body is responsible for identifying innovation and market strategies to ensure evolution of the non-degree business.
The Program Development & Innovation Director serves as a key member of a program development-and-delivery team that typically includes faculty and a program manager.
The Program Development & Innovation Director will supervise two, high-level program developers and will provide influence and high-level advisement/consulting to program managers in the area of faculty best practices and program content/instruction quality standards.
1. Program Development Leader and Custom Client Account Liaison
- Partners with clients and Executive Education Directors to develop open-enrollment or custom educational programs that meet market or client requirements:
- Leads the selection of appropriate learning formats for individual programs based on market or client requirements and defined learning objectives
- Consults with high profile external clients on needs assessments, learning objectives, and curriculum design of custom educational programs
- Demonstrates expertise in the effective use of classroom-based, online, and blended learning formats
- Leads curriculum planning meetings and program design and development.
- Liaison and contract manager with key custom clients
2. Faculty Portfolio and Faculty Development Strategic Leader for Executive Education
- Recruits and develops a central portfolio of diverse faculty that best serves the client and the needs of the University of St. Thomas
- Participates in the recruitment, review, and selection of qualified faculty to deliver open-enrollment educational programs
- Participates in the review and selection of qualified faculty and then collaborates with faculty to develop and deliver custom education programs that meet customer requirements
- In collaboration with Operations Director, creates norms of excellence for content delivery and supports training of faculty to achieve those norms
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the St. Thomas faculty's areas of subject-matter expertise as well as the capabilities of adjunct faculty members
3. Pedagogy and Transformational Learning Strategy Leader for Executive Education Coursework
- Leverages a thorough understanding of leadership development and business acumen needs of business professionals in order to build an overall pedagogy strategy for Executive Education
- Continuously pursues thought leadership to support current strategy and on-going tactical execution of that strategy
- Identifies NEW tools and processes that will aid instructional design best practices
- Works across the University to design and develop tools to support better instruction
- Responsible for overall quality of course content – is an Executive Education representative for UST to AACSB
4. Program Evaluation and Quality Solutions Partner
- In collaboration with the Operations Director, develops and oversees the implementation of evaluation plans and educational delivery standards across open enrollment and custom programs
- Collaborates with program directors, faculty members, program managers and/or coordinators, clients (in the case of custom programs), and others in the collection, analysis, and reporting of relevant data that demonstrates the educational effectiveness of individual programs
5. Personnel Manager
- Manages two program developers, hires and manages new employees if required
- Collaborates to manage relationships and ensures the department is working efficiently
- A Bachelor's degree in business, education, human resources, or a related field
- 7 or more years of program administration experience to include curriculum development and training
- Demonstrated aptitude for the application of adult learning principles in multiple learning formats (classroom, online, and blended) is required
- Preferred experience in a business environment or university setting
- A master's degree in business, education, HRD, OD, or similar field preferred
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR CANDIDATES
During the application process, you will be asked to provide a one to two paragraph response to the following questions:
- Please give an example of a new program that you led the design on. What was your process and the outcome?
- Describe a time you worked with a difficult client. What was the situation and the outcome?