7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
The Senior Auditor role is responsible for leading financial and operational audit projects. In collaboration with the audit team, this role leads audit planning activities, prepares planning documents, and performs risk analysis to determine audit objectives and test plans. The individual is responsible for advanced and less structured fieldwork, leading project meetings, drafting initial reports, and preparing and reviewing work papers.
Engagement Planning: Works with audit leadership to develop quality risk assessments for complex and standard audits on a timely basis. Ensures audit programs meet audit objectives. Ensures testing approach is appropriate and efficient to achieve sufficient evidence to conclude on the objective(s). For detailed testing, ensures the sample size meets department sample guidelines. Ensures all members of the audit team understand responsibilities and deadlines. Facilitates client requests for information/documentation as needed. Offers suggestions to improve the planning process.
Works with audit leadership to ensure quality fieldwork and work paper documentation is completed timely. Ensures all members of the audit team are informed of audit status and expectations. Provides status updates to clients as appropriate. Reviews work completed by staff / contractors and provides sufficient oversight. Offers recommendations to improve audit fieldwork standards.
Engagement Reporting and Wrap-up
Reviews, edits, and delivers audit reports to leaders within project timeframe. Provides accurate and complete documentation of audit observations, risks, and recommendations. Manages audit action items / tasks to completion and advises audit leaders if an action item may go past due. Distributes audit feedback surveys to clients timely.
- Analyzes problems, determines appropriate actions, and acts in a timely and decisive manner. Works effectively with others by taking direction and being open to new ideas.
- Completes administrative duties, such as maintaining the department Policy and Procedures Manual, department templates, or other administrative tasks as assigned.
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent experience) Business, Accounting
- 3-7 years of experience in audit or related field with some public accounting experience preferred
- 3+ years of audit experience
- Strong knowledge of Internal control and audit
- Ability to identify deficiencies (design / operational) and make/support process improvement recommendations
- Business risk acumen
- Verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Organization skills with ability to manage multiple responsibilities and deadlines
- Analytical skills
- High level of integrity
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- One or more professional designations preferred (CPA, CIA, CMA, CFE)
- SAP experience
Drug screen and background check required.
Deluxe Corporation is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, disability, sex, age, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or presentation, pregnancy, genetics, veteran status or any other status protected by state or federal law.
Please view the electronic EEO is the Law Poster which serves to inform you of your equal employment opportunity protections as part of the application process.
Apply for Senior Auditor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly