3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
This position will be based Downtown Minneapolis.
Target is one of the world's most recognized brands and one of America's leading retailers. But behind the brand our guests love, is a culture of continual innovation - and right now, we are up to big things. The Target Technology Team is driving a transformation in retail, one that will move us from “brick-and-mortar and online” to “bricks-and-mortar and everywhere else.” Our goal is to deliver Target's unique “Expect More. Pay Less.” promise to guests wherever and whenever they shop, today and tomorrow: in-store, online, on tablets and mobile phones, and in the retail channels of the future.
You can be a part of developing and launching new services that power all the channels where Target does and will do business - in-store, web, tablet, mobile, and future channels. You'll have the opportunity to design, develop and support innovative solutions across a variety of applications, platforms and environments, building tomorrow's technologies in Search, Browse, Product Info, Promotions, Content and Checkout. You'll put your skills, experience and passion to work in an entrepreneurial environment where success is rewarded.
We are looking for highly motivated engineering professionals who can connect the in-store experience to the digital environment by creating scalable and seamless multi-channel experiences without losing the brand we are known for. Individuals in this role will have opportunities to gain a large breadth of knowledge by working with experts in the eCommerce, multichannel retail, product management and software engineering fields.
As a DevOps engineer, you are equal parts developer, systems administrator and build-and-release guru. You will build great products - ready to do whatever it takes to scale and deploy our infrastructure, get our code live and with no bugs, and enable us to field world class eCommerce applications. You like resolving complex business problems and find innovative solutions. You love keeping abreast of the latest industry trends and use them to help you innovate. You have strong leadership qualities, great judgment, clear communication skills and a track record of delivering great products.
- Collaborate with Enterprise Architecture and the development team on designing large, scalable and robust systems.
- Lead and develop configuration and support strategy of systems and software. This includes things like clustering, process monitoring, automated backups and disaster recovery.
- Manage our continuous integration infrastructure, allowing the team to develop and deploy quickly and find defects as quickly as possible.
- Research related products and implement innovative solutions.
- Mentor other engineers across product development teams.
- Innovate constantly and maintain the technical edge.
- 5+ years of DevOps experience with SCM, build & release, deployment and environment management. Hands on experience with Chef, Docker, Kubernetes & Spinnaker.
- Knowledge of engineering approaches in design, build, testing and implementation based on modern development operations principles.
- Hands-on experience in writing build and deployment scripts, creating reusable scripts to automate repeatable tasks. Experience in Bash, Python & Ruby is desirable
- Excellent problem solving and thought leadership skills.
- Strong sense of ownership and the ability to work with a limited set of requirements.
- Team attitude.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Extensive experience working in an agile environment (i.e. user stories, iterative development, etc.)
- Experience setting up and managing distributed NoSQL databases especially MongoDB & ElasticSearch
- Hand on experience with caching solutions (e.g. Varnish, Memcached)
- Exposure to Kafka, Artifactory & Git
- Hand-on experience with CDN (Fastly)