Civil Engineering Lab Manager
5 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Civil Engineering Lab Manager
Posted Date 3 weeks ago(5/29/2018 6:48 AM)
Number of Openings 1
Type of Search Staff
Who May Apply This position is open to all qualified applicants.
Department/Unit School of Engineering
FLSA Status Exempt/Salaried
Employment Type Full-Time Staff
Assigned Months per Year 12
Benefits Eligible Yes
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Civil Engineering Lab Manager within the School of Engineering.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
- Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
- A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
- Medical, dental, and vision options
- Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
Collaborate with School of Engineering Lab Manager Team with primary focus on the safety, operations and maintenance of the Civil Engineering Labs and Projects.
- Keep Civil Engineering Labs maintained and orderly. Specify, procure, and maintain lab equipment and supplies.
- Assist with jointly coordinated Lab and Project activities across the School of Engineering.
- Assist students and faculty with design and set-up of new projects, research tests, and new teaching lab components based on knowledge of design, engineering, material properties, and practical technical skills.
- Coordinate student workers in supporting the Civil Engineering and broader School of Engineering Lab activities.
- Support instructional and research projects with students, faculty, and staff.
- High level of customer service interacting with both student, faculty and staff.
- Lead by example and ensure compliance with culture of safety, accountability, and responsibility.
- Associates level degree in civil engineering, civil engineering technology, construction, industrial technology, or degree in technical field with appropriate hands on experience
- Three years of practical experience in any of a range of construction, civil engineering technology, industrial or technology service environments, and knowledge of safe work practices in laboratory, job site or industrial settings.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, civil engineering technology, construction, industrial technology or another technical field preferred.
- Ability to work in and move about an engineering laboratory setting, construction job site setting and office setting
- Ability to set up civil engineering testing equipment
- Ability to transport up to 94 pounds
- Ability to read construction drawings, printed materials and a computer screen
- Ability to work in a fabrication machine shop
- The University provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals who require and request accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer