Research Librarian - School of Law
Research Librarian - School of Law
Posted Date 3 weeks ago(5/29/2018 10:31 AM)
Number of Openings 1
Closing Date Open until Filled
Type of Search Staff
Who May Apply This position is open to all qualified applicants.
Position Number 330109
Department/Unit Law Library - School of Law
FLSA Status Exempt/Salaried
Employment Type Full-Time Staff
Assigned Months per Year 12
Benefits Eligible Yes
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Research Librarian position within the School of Law's library.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
- Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
- A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
- Medical, dental, and vision options
- Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
The research librarian supports the mission of the School of Law by providing strong research support for faculty scholarship and teaching; providing reference services to law school students, faculty, and staff and members of the university and legal communities; teaching legal research; and assisting with a variety of other job-related projects and tasks as requested.
- Provide research support for faculty scholarship and teaching.
- Provide reference services to law school students, faculty, and staff and to members of the university and legal communities.
- Teach legal research. (This includes, for example, teaching the legal research component of Lawyering Skills II and teaching legal research classes in the LL.M. in U.S. Law program, the Lawyering Skills III program, and other classes.
- Assist with other library and law school projects as requested. Examples include: preparing guides to information resources and library services; assisting with collection development; supporting the library's web site; working on special projects, such as helping to make faculty scholarship available on UST Scholarship Online (Digital Commons); supervising student employees; preparing departmental reports and recommendations; and serving on library, law school, or university committees as requested or approved.
- Keep current on new developments related to the position through such activities as reading, doing online tutorials, participating in appropriate online discussion groups and blogs, and participating in professional activities.
- Master's degree in Library Science (MLS or accredited equivalent)
- Two (2) years of professional law library experience
- Must be willing and able to share evening and weekend work
- J.D. preferred
- Knowledge of electronic tools used in research, reference, and instructional work, such as LibGuides
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer