Systems Communication Specialist
5 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Systems Communication Specialist
Posted Date 3 weeks ago(5/30/2018 6:44 AM)
Number of Openings 1
Closing Date Open Until Filled
Type of Search Staff
Who May Apply This position is open to all qualified applicants.
Position Number 400213
Department/Unit Information Technology Services - ITS
FLSA Status Exempt/Salaried
Employment Type Full-Time Staff
Assigned Months per Year 12
Benefits Eligible Yes
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Systems Communication Specialist position within the Information Technology Services - Student Data Services Department.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
- Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
- A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
- Medical, dental, and vision options
- Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
This position exists primarily to provide technical and operational support to develop and execute communications for Student Data Services. This position serves as a primary expert and technological specialist responsible to manage the operational aspects of the communication calendar in such a way as to ensure excellence and efficiency.
- Ensure the validity and integrity of the data and content being utilized in communication to prospective students, current students, former students and other internal and external constituents.
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of the communication delivered.
- Create electronic and paper communication for delivery.
- Execute electronic and paper communication.
- Evaluate and suggest opportunities for improvement both technologically and procedurally.
- Document and communicate procedural elements of the execution of all communication plans.
- Ensure the validity and integrity of the data and content that are being utilized in communication:
- Establish and manage processes for overseeing the operational aspects of execution of communication creation and delivery.
- Coordinate and supervise the deployment of communications.
- Coordinate with the originator of the communication to ensure the final delivered product is executed as intended.
- Perform the following tasks for communication:
- Receive, extract or utilize appropriate recipient data from or in university systems.
- Create content in Lyris, Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Word that manipulates recipient data into personalized content.
- Ensure that all communication plans and projects are executed with established communication standards.
- Provide internal communication to ensure all university staff involved have the information about the communication plan needed.
- Provide daily supervision for all activities of system communication analyst team.
- Establish and execute tracking and analytics appropriate to the type of communication.
- Ensure communication follows internal and external guidelines and regulations.
- Provide data reporting services:
- Assist in the identification, development, and delivery of a reporting system to quantify the activities of the system communication analyst team and track the success of and identify need for change.
- Write and distribute reports of data from university systems.
- For reports and scripts that require advanced programming, collaborate need fulfillment from system analyst team.
- Manage System Communication team documentation:
- Create, maintain and deliver documentation and training materials for operational aspects of communication execution.
- Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in relevant field
- Three years of professional level experience providing technical and operational support to include creating content, executing, and tracking electronic and paper communications.
- Technical experience to include experience working with student information systems, databases, Word and email deployment, and HTML; experience with data input translation, querying and document management.
- Project management experience, and experience working with Ellucian Banner, Salesforce, Lyris, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Cognos ReportNet, Appworx, and SQL, or similar tools for managing data, documents, automation, and communication.
An equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills have been acquired may be substituted.
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer