Responsible for the set-up of equipment, preparation of patients, taking of x-rays, CT’s and fluoroscopic exams and scheduling patients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists Radiologist in certain procedures.
- Takes x-rays, and performs CT and Fluoroscopic exams per standards and procedures.
- Utilizes PACS and Radiology Information System.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Transports patients to and from the department.
- Receives requests for exams and prioritizes if necessary. Schedules exams when necessary.
- Assures that all records are complete and accurate.
- Takes portable exams in surgery, emergency room or the patients' rooms as directed/needed.
- Conducts maintenance on equipment as needed.
- Cleans work areas and equipment as needed.
- Maintains educational status in regards to safety, fire, blood and body substances education as required by Joint Commission, and to maintain AART certification
- Performs related work as required, including but not limited to computer and paper documentation related to all exams.
- Considers age related factors in care, treatment, education and evaluation of patients, ranging from neonates, pediatrics, adolescents, adults and geriatrics. Applies knowledge of age-related factors appropriately in accordance with professional standards and departmental policies and procedures.
- Supports the policies and procedures of the organization and the standards of the Joint Commission as required for full accreditation.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related duties requested by their supervisor.
No supervision of employees, but does supervise and train students in the Radiology Department. Responsibilities include training students, directing student work; appraising student performance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma plus two years certification, or Associates degree or Bachelor’s degree. ARRT certification from an accredited radiology program.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current Radiologic Technologist Certification.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear, and smell. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. Continuous talking and hearing. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and must be able to push stretcher with 150 + pounds for undetermined distance. Must be able to reach in front and above head 15 inches. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.