Functions and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates departmental finances including purchasing, budgeting, billing, reconciliation and vendor payments. Responsible for departments’ accounts payable and receivable.
- Coordinate project budgets and provide financial oversight, produce budget reports, reconcile purchases.
- Act as primary point of contact with vendors regarding purchase orders, warranty, service contracts, and other relevant matters.
- Proactively identify improvements to processes, macros, documents, tools, and reports.
- Maintain the inventory database, asset tagging and inventory of new devices and other technology assets.
- Create and track assigned issues and effectively communicates operational information promptly.
- Support special or ongoing projects, ensuring those project goals, schedules and timelines are met.
- Assist in event-planning coordination and creation of supporting materials.
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Information Support Services including correspondence, scheduling of meetings, and other duties as needed or assigned.
- Perform other duties as apparent or assigned.
- Minimum of five years of experience in providing advanced administrative support, with at least two years of experience assisting with budget management or preparation.
- Must be able to understand purchasing and accounting procedures.
- Demonstrated aptitude and enthusiasm for learning new technologies.
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Detail-oriented, accurate and thorough with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to coordinate multiple resources and personnel to take projects through to successful completion.
- Ability to work with multiple and changing priorities.
- Strong initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Principles of record keeping, records retention, records management, and file maintenance.
- Planning, prioritizing and completing assignments with minimum supervision.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in MS-Office including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to work independently as well as a team player.
Apply for Department Coordinator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly