7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Humera is looking for a Department Coordinator for our client, a private coeducational preparatory school in Minneapolis. The Department Coordinator provides administrative support to the Director of Information Support Services and colleagues in the information technology department. The Department Coordinator is responsible for the supporting projects, related budgets, and service tickets including: billing and related correspondence; issuing purchase orders for material orders; inventory; reviewing vendor and maintenance contracts for payment; assisting with end user management; scheduling service technicians; and other administrative functions. The ideal candidate should demonstrate strong communication and problem-solving skills, be comfortable learning new tools, possess strong Microsoft Office skills (particularly Microsoft Excel), be attentive to detail, have a basic understanding of accounting/finance, and always be reliable. This professional role requires an individual to work effectively with employees, families, vendors, and department management in accomplishing project objectives. This position may offer a highly motivated and successful employee the opportunity to grow into more robust leadership and management roles within the department. This is a direct hire position!
- Coordinates departmental finances including purchasing, budgeting, billing, reconciliation and vendor payments. Responsible for departments' accounts payable and receivable.
- Coordinate project budgets and provide financial oversight, produce budget reports, reconcile purchases.
- Manages open, standing, and original purchase orders and check requests; manages departmental credit card purchases.
- Act as primary point of contact with vendors regarding purchase orders, warranty, service contracts, and other relevant matters.
- Manage communication, billing statements, and reconciliation for Connected Learning mobile device program, supporting grades 6-12 students and families regarding mobile device repairs and warranty claims.
- Manage, track and renew school-wide software licenses and maintenance contracts.
- Proactively identify improvements to processes, macros, documents, tools, and reports.
- Coordinate shipping and receiving ISS and school technology-related equipment and the appropriate allocation of funds/budgets of purchases.
- Coordinate the deployment of ISS services and equipment for new and departing employees and students.
- Maintain the inventory database, asset tagging and inventory of new devices and other technology assets.
- Create and track assigned issues and effectively communicates operational information promptly.
- Support special or ongoing projects, ensuring those project goals, schedules and timelines are met.
- Coordinate de-provisioned equipment by recycling, re-purposing, re-selling or disposal.
- Assist in event-planning coordination and creation of supporting materials.
- Demonstrate courteous behavior when interacting with students, families, visitors, and employees; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and high-performance workplace environment.
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Information Support Services including correspondence, scheduling of meetings, and other duties as needed or assigned.
- Perform other duties as apparent or assigned.
- Minimum of five years of experience in providing advanced administrative support, with at least two years of experience assisting with budget management or preparation.
- Must be able to understand purchasing and accounting procedures>
- Demonstrated aptitude and enthusiasm for learning new technologies.
- Exceptional customer service orientation with a passion for working with students, faculty, staff, and families; conduct interactions in a friendly and professional manner.
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Detail-oriented, accurate and thorough with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to coordinate multiple resources and personnel to take projects through to successful completion.
- Ability to work with multiple and changing priorities.
- Strong initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Principles of record keeping, records retention, records management, and file maintenance.
- Planning, prioritizing and completing assignments with minimum supervision.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in MS-Office including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to work independently as well as a team player.
- Ability to work overtime or flex time during specific busy periods.
- Reliable transportation between campuses.
- Associate's, Bachelor's degree, or equivalent education in a related field.
- Experience with Google Apps for Education (Gmail, Calendar, Docs/Drive, Groups, and Sites).
- Experience with cloud-based customer service systems such as Zendesk.
- Experience with cloud-based inventory, asset, and contract management systems such as Samanage.
- Experience with Apple OS X or Windows.
- Experience with database use and functionality.
- Familiar with project management practices and tools.
- Understanding and appreciation for the mission of an independent school.
- General indoor school environment.
- Be available by phone and/or email before, during and after business hours, within reasonable means, for constituents and co-workers, as needed.