OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
You may be eligible to apply for the Education Debt Reduction Program. Please contact Human Resources at this medical center and speak with the Education Debt Reduction Program Coordinator for additional information.
If you are a new Federal Employee or a transfer from another Federal agency, Education Debt Reduction Program funding may be authorized for the health professional education that was required of the position. Please contact Human Resources at this medical center and speak with the Education Debt Reduction Program Coordinator for additional information.
Recruitment Incentive: A recruitment incentive may be authorized pending budget availability.
This is an "Open and Continuous" announcement. Applicants will be reviewed for all required documentation and referred every two weeks until the vacancy is filled.
Clinical services are provided by a physician who has completed residency training in Psychiatry. S/he must be qualified to diagnose, treat, and manage patients with mental illness according to standard, usual, and acceptable methods and techniques.
-Core privileges include admission, evaluation, diagnosis, and provision of treatment including consultation to adult patients presenting with mental, behavioral, addictive or emotional disorders, e.g. psychosis, depressions, anxiety disorders, substance use disorders, developmental disabilities, sexual dysfunction, and adjustment disorders. Privileges include providing consultation to other physicians in other fields, regarding mental health, behavioral or emotional and geriatric disorders, pharmacotherapy, and group and family therapy, behavior modification, consultation to the courts, and emergency psychiatry as well as the ordering of diagnostic, laboratory tests, and prescribing medications. Core privileges also includes care of the ambulatory medically ill patient, including the prescription and ordering of non-psychiatric medications and performing medical history and physical examinations.
- The Psychiatrist is expected to have a panel of patients s/he follows on a regular basis and will also see unscheduled patients presenting to the clinic.
- Providing medication management services. Provision of psychotherapy services is restricted to clinicians who are trained, certified and credentialed in the provision of VA evidence based therapy practices.
-Coordinate patient care, develop and present treatment plans to the multidisciplinary treatment team; initiates consults, referrals, and psychotherapy as indicated; documents clinical activity in the Veteran's computerized medical record.
-Works closely with a multidisciplinary mental health team treating Veterans in person and utilizing video teleconferencing systems.
- Coordinating medical care for mental health clinic patients requiring primary care follow-up, or specialty medical/surgical consultation.
- Facilitating admissions to inpatient MH unit; coordinating care with inpatient Psychiatric physicians.
- Providing clinical support, guidance and oversight for the MH services of the CBOC MH staff and liaison to Primary Care as needed and directed by MHSL management.
- Serving on at least one Medical Center Committee, or representing the MHSL on special Medical Center projects or initiatives as directed by MHSL management.
- Successfully practicing as a member of a multi-disciplinary team, working collaboratively in a respectful fashion with nurses, social workers, clerks, mid-level providers, and other physicians. The psychiatrist will demonstrate effective communication skills in this collaborative work.
- Serving, as directed by MHSL management, as primary or secondary supervising physician to midlevel providers.
- Documenting the care provided in the electronic medical record in a timely and complete fashion. Any additional data regarding patient care will be entered into the electronic record in a timely and complete fashion.
- Completing appropriate clinical reminders within his/her area of clinical responsibility in the electronic medical record in a timely fashion. S/he will be aware of "Performance Measures" that apply to the Psychiatry service, and will be collaborate in meeting those measures.
- Maintain an unrestricted medical license.
- Maintain training and waiver for provision of Suboxone as well as other psychiatric interventions deemed necessary by MHSL management.
- Provide some inpatient coverage and on-call responsibility and rotating weekday evening phone coverage.
-Board certified/board eligible in Psychiatry preferred.
-Services are provided to our Veterans in the St. Cloud, MN area and also at our Community Based Outpatient
Work Schedule: Administrative Days
Financial Disclosure Report: No
Not requiredSupervisory status No Promotion Potential 15 Who May Apply This job is open to… United States Citizens