Physician (IM/FP), VM-0602-00, Primary & Specialty Medicine
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
Recruiting a full-time Internal Medicine/Family Practice physician to be responsible for delivery of primary care to patients enrolled at the Montevideo Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) of the St. Cloud VA Health Care System.
Recruitment Incentive: A recruitment incentive may be authorized.
This is an "Open and Continuous" announcement. Applicants will be reviewed for all required documentation and referred every week until the vacancy is filled.
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) needs primary care professionals who possess the energy, compassion, and commitment to serve those who serve our country. Whatever the job title, every position in VA will give you a chance to make a meaningful and personal contribution to the lives of truly special and deserving people - our Veterans. Working for VA is one of the most emotionally satisfying and professionally rewarding ways to dedicate the best within you to your country's service.
If you are transitioning from the military or a Veteran already, we invite you to explore the benefits of continuing your career at the VA. The VA is committed to hiring Veterans.
The VA is much more than just another employer. It is an honorable, open and welcoming community of those who care. Gratitude is our motivation and service is our mission. The VA has adopted Core Values and Characteristics that apply universally across the Department. The five Core Values define "who we are," our culture, and how we care for Veterans, their families and other beneficiaries. The Values are Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect and Excellence ("I CARE").
America's Veterans need you!
- The position is for an Internal Medicine or Family Medicine Physician who will be responsible for delivery of primary care to patients enrolled at the St. Cloud VA Health Care System. The provider will manage scheduled and unscheduled patients in the outpatient clinic setting. Board certified or board eligible preferred.
- The primary care provider is an integral member of the Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) teamlet, similar to a medical home team, and is expected to work closely and coordinate patient care with other PACT teamlet members including nursing, clerical, pharmacy, social worker, dietician, etc. Primary care physicians will participate in daily huddles with other teamlet staff and participate in primary care systems redesign projects.
- A primary care provider in the outpatient setting is assigned a panel of patients to manage under Primary Care Management Model (PCMM) guidelines; recommended panel size at the division level is calculated based on patient complexity, support staff and room availability. Each provider's panel size is specific to their practice and setting.
- Primary Care Physicians may have responsibility for supervision of or collaboration with primary care mid-level providers. Physicians are expected to provide clinical oversight and to participate in peer review of other primary care providers through periodic chart reviews.
- Primary care physicians will act as surrogates for absent primary care providers when needed, to include review of CPRS view alerts.
- Primary care physicians will regularly attend primary care staff meetings, departmental meetings and medical staff meetings.
- Typical work hours are Monday to Friday 8-4.30 PM, and a full time provider is required to work a minimum of 80 hours per pay period. Duties may include evening and weekend working hours.
- Timely documentation (notes and encounter forms) is necessary in all areas in accordance with facility policy. All administrative work should be completed in a timely fashion.
- All physicians will work within their privileges at all times and follow the Medical Bylaws.
Work Schedule: Typically Administrative days, Monday-Friday
Financial Disclosure Report: No Travel Required
Not requiredSupervisory status No Promotion Potential 15 Who May Apply This job is open to… United States Citizens