Physician - Chief Medical Officer
The VA Midwest Healthcare Network (VISN 23) is seeking a highly experienced physician leader to serve as the Chief Medical Officer for the Network. VISN 23 serves Veterans residing in Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota and portions of Kansas, Illinois, Missouri, Wisconsin, and Wyoming, and has maintained steady growth in the number of Veterans served. VISN 23 provides health care services to nearly 334,000 Veterans through an integrated system of 9 hospitals, 69 community clinics, 8 community living centers, and 4 domiciliary residential rehabilitation treatment programs. VISN 23 operates under a Service Line and Integrated Services collaborative organizational structure where Service Lines and Integrated Services use a formal system to disseminate exemplary practices, coordinate care, conduct strategic planning and integrate the health care delivery system.
This vacancy announcement establishes an "Open Continuous Announcement" for eligible applicants to be considered for VISN 23 Chief Medical Officer. This announcement will establish an inventory of applicants interested in a career as a Medical Director within the Veterans Health Administration.
The first list of eligible applicants will be reviewed on 4/28/2018. Applications received after this date will be reviewed every two weeks throughout the life of the announcement.
Important Note: All application packages remain eligible for consideration for 90 days after submission to the announcement. To remain eligible for consideration beyond 90 days, a new application submission is required to indicate your continued interest.
Work Schedule: Monday thru Friday (8:00 am to 4:30 pm)
Financial Disclosure Report: Required
Selected candidate may be eligible to apply for the Education Debt Reduction Program.
The Chief Medical Officer is a critical member of the interdisciplinary Veterans Integrated Service Network (VISN) leadership team responsible for integrating multiple medical centers, clinics and other sites of service within the VA Midwest Health Care Network (VISN 23) into a coordinated healthcare delivery system. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Providing expert clinical guidance.
- Actively facilitating the coordination of primary, secondary, and tertiary care systems to ensure access to care for all Veterans.
- Coordinating strategic planning efforts for healthcare delivery with effective business.
- Planning to assure maximum healthcare quality and efficiency.
- Evaluating current and potential patient population needs, clinical workload, resources, special program mandates, and cost benefit analysis to recommend an effective mix, coordination, and support of clinical programs.
- Ensuring continuous improvement relative to the quality, value, and access of healthcare services. Encouraging clinical innovation.
- Participating in the allocation of resources and modification of programs to best meet the needs of the veteran population.
- Facilitating the recruitment and retention of high quality clinical staff.
- Promoting effective communication and working relationships with medical and other school affiliates.
- Supporting the development or expansion of clinical research programs.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.Supervisory status Yes