Maintenance Technician I
Maintenance Technician I
Cathedral Hill Homes, Community Plaza, & Ramsey Commons – St. Paul, Minnesota
Full-time (40 Hours/week)
On Call Rotation Required
As the largest provider of affordable housing in the Upper Midwest, CommonBond Communities has been building and sustaining homes with services to families, seniors, and individuals with disabilities since 1971. We combine affordable housing with on-site Advantage Services with a goal of helping residents achieve stability, advancement, and independence. We believe that all people, despite their economic status, should experience the benefits of a home. If you agree, and want to work in an exciting employee driven culture that values work/life balance, consider joining our team!
CommonBond Communities is excited to announce the search for a full-time 40 hours a week Maintenance Technician I at three of our properties located in St. Paul, Minnesota. These sites are dedicated to families and individuals with special needs. If you’re excited about in having a stable place to live, consider applying for this position!
The primary responsibility is to ensure the timely completion of all assigned maintenance duties and other tasks. Duties include performing repairs, preparing units and completing preventative maintenance.
- Competitive pay
- Generous benefits package the first of the month after 30 days of full-time employment
- Eleven paid holidays
- A challenging, fun, growth oriented work environment
- A chance to make a difference in lives of our residents
- Ensures timely completion of all assigned work orders.
- Completes basic building repairs.
- Completes preventative maintenance
- Prepares and cleans vacant units as assigned.
- Responsible for on call emergency maintenance service as scheduled.
- Follows all CommonBond safety policies and local, state and federal regulations.
- Inspects equipment before each use; uses personal protective equipment when necessary.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Special Boiler License or ability to obtain.
- Basic computer skills including ability to send and receive emails, enter hours
- worked on internet based system and access/perform data entry in Microsoft Office products.
- Access to reliable transportation.
- Must be able to work on call, weekends and the first and last day of each month; must be available for overtime as is needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Experience or training in building maintenance such as appliance repair, plumbing, electrical, carpentry and preventative maintenance
• Willingness to learn and assist above and beyond as part of “the team”
• Ability to self-direct
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to stand, walk, reach, climb, bend and kneel
• Ability to lift up to 30 pounds frequently and 50 pounds occasionally
• Ability to reach above and below the shoulders
• Ability to use hands and fingers to grasp, twist and pull
• Withstand external weather conditions such as working outside in the rain, cold, heat or other adverse weather