Care Linkage Assistant
Description: JustUs Health (www.Justushealth.mn) seeks a part-time Care Linkage Assistant. This position staffs the AIDSLine, Minnesota’s information and referral center for HIV prevention and services. The Care Linkage Assistant maintains thorough knowledge of HIV prevention, resources, services and community activities in order to assist individuals who contact the AIDSLine in meeting their needs. The Care Linkage Assistant engages with individuals through phone calls, web-based chats, emails and other communication venues. This position assists with in-person group level education on HIV resources and basics.
- Staffing the AIDSLine hotline and providing excellent client service in each interaction.
- Assessing needs of individuals contacting the AIDSLine and providing information and referrals.
- Conducting direct and honest discussions with contacts regarding sensitive topics such as sexual activity and drug use behavior.
- Maintaining a thorough understanding of HIV disease, transmission and services.
- Supporting department interns.
- Updating databases to reflect changes in commonly used resources.
- Demonstrated skill and expertise working with African American and multi-racial communities who are disproportionately impacted by HIV. Those with lived experiences in these communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrated comfort and skill in addressing Gay/Bi/MSM/Queer and Transgender health issues. Individuals from these communities are encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrated capacity to work with HIV-positive people, and those engaged in risk behaviors for HIV. Individuals from this target population encouraged to apply.
- High school diploma required. College level course work or degree in social work, human services or other related area is preferred.
- Professional experience in social services is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of HIV prevention, care and related issues.
- Experience working with computers and electronic databases.
- Motivation to take leadership with individual tasks and to work collaboratively as part of the AIDSLine team.
Hours: Part time, averaging 20 hours weekly during hotline hours. Hotline hours are Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
JustUs Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We encourage applications from all interested persons, including women, people of color, persons with disabilities and GLBTQ persons.