Senior Product Designer - Cart and Checkout
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Description: Senior Product Designer (UI Designer) - Target.comThe Senior Product Designer for Target.com is responsible for defining and documenting guest experiences to build world-class web experiences for Target guests. The product designer will craft UX strategy, drive and facilitate product discovery through testing and research, sketch concepts, define visual design, build prototypes, and will collaborate with product managers, engineers and other partners. The successful candidate must be able to show specific work samples and case studies that show clear, high-quality designs articulating complex data-driven and user-focused systems.Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. Take the lead as you…
- Optimize and create new visual design hierarchy and patterns for the Target.com Cart and Checkout processes.
- Understand how to incorporate both qualitative and quantitative research into the design process and be able to articulate and defend design decisions using this research as an input and a guide.
- Support the Lead and Principal Designers in your product area with all Discovery tasks - generating new concepts and hypotheses, rapidly prototype and test those ideas, support and conduct UX research, pivot quickly to new directions.
- Follow through on delivery: own production design with an eye for detail and efficiency to create detailed design documents and assets to support engineering in shipping the product out the door.
- Collaborate wildly well with others including other designers, engineers, product managers, QA staff, accessibility team members, and partners in marketing.
- Consult with other teams across Target (e.g., Apps Product Teams, Target Creative, Pricing & Promotions, Item, etc.) to ensure cohesiveness of the digital ecosystem for the guest.
- Assist with maintaining a pattern library of UI and design elements, together with engineers and accessibility, to ensure reusable, proven and tested patterns are documented and socialized to individual tools teams.
- 4+ years experience in digital software product work with emphasis in UX Design, Interface Design and interaction design.
- Expert skills in design and prototyping tools (includes Sketch, Invision, Proto.io, Illustrator, Photoshop or equivalent)
- Experience in both in-person and remote UX research methodologies and ability to conduct or partner with research expert
- Must work well independently and have the ability to successfully lead large-scale projects and initiatives involving multiple cross-functional teams
- Must be an exceptional collaborator and persuader
- Must be able to work well in a matrixed environment
- Must be able to present well and articulate and defend design decisions with grace, logic and data