Sr Financial Analyst, FP&A MFA Online
Date: May 2018
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.
Right on pace with Target's distinctive retail brand, Target Finance and Accounting are transforming for the better. As so much more than a behind-the-scenes number-cruncher, you will be a truly collaborative partner with a seat at the table. You'll bring your unique point of view, experience and passion for the work to your team and internal clients. In Finance, you'll be an integral voice in discussions that lead to Target's unparalleled shopping experience. Your analysis and recommendations will be directly applied to critical business decisions, from sales to merchandising and beyond. Within Finance, you'll enjoy the interesting challenges of the competitive retail space, and you'll have a 360-degree impact—rather than on just one part of the business. You'll see your contributions come to life in virtually every area of this dynamic enterprise. And you'll grow and be challenged in your career while having a healthy balance with life outside of work.
A role on the Financial Planning and Analysis team means providing insight and guidance to support Target's strategic growth strategies and financial decisions. You'll deliver objective and financially-focused insights to the business owners and finance leaders. You will be a critically important resource for long-term and annual financial planning, analysis and drive cross-company initiatives.
As a Sr Financial Analyst, MFA Online you will be responsible for supporting Merchants for all Pyramids, MFA Senior Managers in MFA Directors with analytics tied to tied to actual results and how they relate to plan and forecast. You will analyze the impactts of new business initiatives, product recalls and changes in pricing strategy. Identify opportunities for new tools and reporting to enhance FPA and merchant abilities to understand core drivers of our financial results. Provide guidance as to impacts of changes tied to the forecast and plan metrics and how those changes interact with the EPM plan and forecast tool. You will also learn, educate and provide guidance in the methodologies tied to retail accounting logic as well as learning how the many data sources used to reports results for Merchants and Finance relate.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or other Buiness-related field
- 3+ years of previous professional experience (including FP&A experience)
- Curious and action-oriented mindset, with the ability to navigate white space
- Strong communication skills
- Leverage your strong analytical, conceptual, and problem sovling skills to assess strategies and provide business recommendations
- Experience or aptitude to work semi-autonomosly across multiple partner groups to build business expertise, create relationships, and influence outcomes
- Your ability to articulate an analytically supported point-of-view, operate with a sense of urgency, and influence across the organization will be a key component of your success