Chief Financial Officer
Chief Financial Officer
A well-established privately-owned, multi-faceted business firm with operations in multiple states is seeking an experienced Chief Financial Officer to join our team. The office is located in Duluth, MN.
As the company's senior financial professional, the CFO will oversee the reporting and forecasting related to several business entities, and with the executive team, develop and implement the financial strategy of the company. He/she will represent ownership interests in real estate and other investments, monitoring performance, managing financial risk, and identifying opportunities to evolve existing business entities to be more tax efficient and to position them for growth. This individual will facilitate and support the CEO and COO in overseeing operating businesses and investments, and managing relationships with banks, legal and accounting professionals, outside investors and ownership.
A successful candidate for this position will possess exceptional intellect, business and financial acumen, analytical expertise, and leadership skills in order to support successful business operations and profitability.
- Acts as an analytical resource, performing financial analysis and financial modeling. Develops and makes strategic and tactical recommendations to ensure attainment of organizational objectives.
- Performs cash management and funding administration. Develops and maintains the capital budget.
- Performs loan and banking activities. Manages external credit, participates in negotiation of credit agreements, and ensures compliance with all loan requirements and reporting.
- Oversees and performs a variety of business administration tasks regarding organizational agreements and documents, distributions, and payments. Establishes protocols and procedures for storing, securing, and retrieving organizational information.
- Oversees income tax function, strategy, and policy; ensures compliance with tax laws and regulations.
- Oversees the preparation of financial statements and financial plans. Monitors the overall financial performance of the organization and investments.
- Special projects, as needed, related to business objectives and opportunities.
- A minimum of five years of successful experience in a CFO or other senior financial role.
- Extensive experience performing financial analyses and creating financial models.
- Highly-effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with co-workers and critical business partners. Must possess the ability to work in close contact with corporate officers and owners to exchange information and discuss operations.
- Must be goal-driven and self-motivated.
- A demonstrated commitment to continuing professional education and growth.
- Must be able to travel occasionally for business meetings.
This company offers an attractive compensation package including competitive salary, health and life insurance, long-term disability insurance, paid holidays, paid vacation time, a 401k plan, and professional development opportunities.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a cover letter, resume, and your compensation requirements to CFOSearchDuluth@gmail.com .