HIV Case Manager
JustUs Health, formed through a merger between the Minnesota AIDS Project (MAP) and Rainbow Health Initiative (RHI), envisions a Minnesota where people from diverse gender, sexual, and cultural communities experience health and wellness in powerfully inclusive environments. Founded in 1983, MAP is widely recognized for the impact of its prevention and support services for individuals living with HIV or at risk of HIV infection. RHI, founded in 2001, advances the health of the LGBTQ communities through research, education and advocacy. Together, JustUs Health will lead work to achieve health equity for diverse gender, sexual, and cultural communities.
JustUs Health (www.justushealth.mn) seeks a full-time HIV Case Manager. The Case Manager is responsible for comprehensive client need assessments, care coordination, risk reduction education, client advocacy, and HIV disease and medical care education. The ideal candidate will be comfortable having direct and honest discussions with clients regarding sensitive topics such as sexual activity and drug use behavior. The ideal candidate will also have crisis intervention skills and be able to thoroughly assess client suicidality, safety, etc. Our case management program works from client-centered, strength-based, harm-reduction and trauma-informed perspectives; comfort working from these perspectives is required. Must be able to work with medical and social service providers throughout the community. Must be comfortable documenting interactions with clients and providers in a timely manner.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Engage with clients one-on-one to develop rapport and build relationships.
- Maintain a caseload of up to 50 individuals, managing client needs to respond to emerging needs and engage in proactive client work.
- Complete formal and informal assessments with individual clients to identify client strengths and barriers to meeting needs, with an emphasis on needs connected to managing HIV health.
- Develop actions plans in partnership with clearly defined goals and action steps client and case manager will take to achieve identified goals.
- Meet with clients in provider office and community settings including medical offices, public libraries, client homes, etc.
- Maintain thorough understanding of HIV disease, transmission and services and deliver information to clients in appropriate ways to support client health management and transmission risk reduction.
- Develop and maintain thorough understanding of the intersection of chemical and mental health concerns and health management.
- Maintain an understanding of program eligibility criteria, verification processes and documentation standards and complete documentation using electronic databases.
- Complete narrative written documentation of client interactions using professional and objective language.
- Collaborate with agency and community HIV professionals and stakeholders.
- Support team members in work efforts through client consultation, coverage, referral education, etc.
- High school diploma required. An undergraduate or graduate degree in social work, public health, human services or nursing is preferred.
- Minimum of two years of employment experience providing social services in a job that involved carrying a caseload and the following duties: completing psychosocial assessments, providing interdisciplinary care coordination, identifying and referring to appropriate resources, developing and utilizing client-centered care plans and maintaining appropriate boundaries.
- Demonstrated skill and expertise working with African American and multi-racial communities who are disproportionately impacted by HIV. Those with lived experiences in these communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrated comfort and skill in addressing Gay/Bi/MSM/Queer and Transgender health issues. Those with lived experiences in these communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrated capacity to work with HIV-positive people, and those engaged in risk behaviors for HIV in individual and group settings. Those with lived experiences in these communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Experience working in or with medical systems is preferred.
- Familiarity with navigating public insurance options.
- Knowledge of HIV prevention, care and related issues.
- Comfort working independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Valid Minnesota Driver’s license is preferred. Access to reliable transportation and ability to travel independently throughout the metro area is required.
Hours: Full Time, Monday-Friday, generally 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
JustUs Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We encourage applications from all interested persons, including women, people of color, persons with disabilities and LGBTQ persons.
Apply for HIV Case Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly