Housekeeping Aide (Days)
The Minneapolis VA Health Care System is recruiting for Housekeeping Aide-Days to serve as members of the Environmental Management Service (EMS).The position performs a full range of cleaning and sanitation work through-out the hospital, under the supervision of the Housekeeping Aide Foreman, who schedules assignments and checks work for quality and performance standards.As a member of the housekeeping staff, part of a devoted team to providing the best possible care to our nation's veterans.Responsibilities
The Housekeeping Aide positions will be located within the Environmental Management Service, Sanitation Operations, at the Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota. As a Housekeeping Aide you will perform a full range of light and heavy cleaning duties and routine housekeeping duties.
Duties include but may not be limited to:
- Wall washing, interior and exterior window cleaning
- Occupied patient room cleaning, discharged patient room cleaning, patient isolation room cleaning
- Floor care (dust mopping, scrubbing, vacuuming)
- Cleaning fans, blinds, shades, screens, mirrors, doors, partitions
- Clean and sanitize restrooms, showers, tubs, elevators, stairwells, entrances, lobbies, porches, hallways
- Dust furnishings, administrative and non-housekeeping areas
- Emptying waste and recycling receptacles.
- Assists in assembling and furniture and/or moving furniture, supplies and equipment
- Using and caring for industrial type powered vacuum cleaners, floor machines, carpet extractors, and other powered cleaning equipment.
- Housekeeping Aide carry out assignments with minimal supervision.
Promotion Potential: This position involves a multi-grade career ladder. The major duties listed below represent the full performance level of WG-02. At the WG-01 grade level, you will perform assignments of a more limited scope and with less independence. You will progressively acquire the background necessary to perform at the full performance level of WG-02. Promotion is at the discretion of the supervisor and is contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of higher level work, and availability of funds.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
Position Description Title/PD#: Housekeeping Aide (Days) / WG-01 #60218A; WG-02 #60217A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized Travel Required
Not requiredSupervisory status No Promotion Potential 2