Line of Business Coordinator
The Minnesota Multistate Contracting Alliance for Pharmacy (MMCAP) is a free, voluntary group purchasing organization operated and managed by the Materials Management Division of the State of Minnesota's Department of Administration for government healthcare facilities via its Pharmaceutical business. MMCAP seeks a Line of Business Coordinator to develop, implement and administer multiple healthcare products and service-related lines of business. The incumbent reports to the HPS Program Manager and works directly with HPS contract support, MMCAP contracted vendors, potential vendors and members, and MMCAP program managers and staff. Job duties include:
- Manage lines of business goals and objectives so that the portfolio of healthcare products and services meet member expectations and needs.
- Coordinate and deliver lines of business product and services RFPs.
- Negotiate and sign contracts.
- Coordinate contract compliance and customer services.
- Identify and assess member needs and requirements for various lines of business.
- Screen and select vendors.
- Negotiate prices and terms for products and services.
- Ensure lines of business compliance by participating vendors.
How to Apply:
Interested individuals should apply on the State Careers’ web site at http://www.mn.gov/careers. Job Posting #24322. Application deadline: 6/27/2018.
- Bachelor’s degree and three (3) years of professional experience working for a pharmacy or healthcare products and services company, for a health insurance company handling pharmacy or medical related claims, for a pharmaceutical or healthcare products and services wholesaler or GPO, or for any organization where pharmaceutical purchasing was a primary job duty OR four (4) years of professional experience specified above.
- Knowledge or technical background in medical supplies, HPS, or pharmaceuticals.
- Project management experience.
- Strong communication (oral and written), negotiation, and analytical skills with ability to display strong critical thinking.
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis skills sufficient to critique, evaluate and improve program outcomes.
- Math sufficient to compute, recommend and resolve complex HPS line of business product, service, volume and pricing agreements.
- Strong human relations skills and diplomacy to persuade stakeholders, members, wholesalers, and other distribution professionals.
- Strong problem solving skills, resourcefulness and tact in achieving compliance.
- Strong computing skills in a PC environment (MS Office, etc.).
- Ability to understand legal terminology.
- Degree or certification demonstrating a deep understanding of medical supplies, HPS, or pharmaceuticals.
- Ability to learn quickly the HPS lines of business terminology.
- Previous experience working with medical supplies and/or HPS manufacturers.
- Inventory management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and react quickly to emergencies or situations that require an immediate response.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply. We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637 or email email@example.com. Please indicate what assistance you need.