Clinical Assistant (LPN or CMA)
Full Time, Rotating, 7:30am-8:30pm
Hours/Pay Period: 80
Req # 1427
Reports To: Clinical Services Manager
Full time - 1.0 FTE (80 hours a pay period). Hours of work are Monday-Friday between 7:30am-8:30pm with a Saturday rotation.
Provide and prioritizes patient care in the clinic setting under the direction of the RN and/or Medical Providers
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Provides and prioritizes patient care through gathering patient data, medication administration vital signs, set up and assist Providers with Patient Care.
Prepares for Patient visits through automated medical record prior to Patient visit.
Demonstrates environment for infection control, fire and safety practice, and performance improvement.
Completes Medical Providers orders.
Receives patient pre/post visit.
Cleans, organizes, and re-stocks exam rooms (supplies, educational materials).
Considers age-related factors in care, treatment, education, and evaluation of patients ranging from neonates, pediatrics, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics. Applies knowledge of age-related factors appropriately in accordance with professional standards and departmental policies and procedures.
Implements quality assurance standards and programs to assure compliance with standards of Joint Commission, as required for full accreditation.
If assigned Scribe Duties:
- Document the work of a provider in lieu of the provider dictating or writing his or her own documentation.
- Observe the provider perform the service and document the work the provider performed.
- Indicate in medical documentation that he/she is serving as a scribe and is documenting services personally performed by the provider, based on the scribe’s observation and the provider’s directives to the scribe.
- Enter and release orders in the automated medical record on behalf of the provider as verbally communicated by the provider during the examination of the patient for routine tests such as lab tests, x-rays, therapy, diet and consultations. Less routine, more complex tests as MRI/MRA stroke protocol, or CT neck with contrast, should be ordered directly by the physician.
- Read back orders to the provider prior to completing or releasing the orders. Verify the read back by using ”VORB” when releasing the order.
- Access Excellian and enter information using your own unique Excellian login and password.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related duties requested by their supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Graduation from an accredited school of Practical Nursing. Licensed in the state of Minnesota or a Certified Medical Assistant. EMR experience with ability to keyboard and navigate.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Minnesota, and BLS certification or a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally carry up to 20 pounds and pushing of up to 200 pounds. Frequent lifting of 40-50 pounds and pulling of 40-50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Apply for Clinical Assistant (LPN or CMA)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly