Essential Job Functions:
- Review drawing requests and ECOs and associated information, analyze, design and retrieve information to complete drawings/models, layout or design.
- Coordinate with requester to discuss project scope and time schedule or receive and discuss project with supervisor.
- Be familiar with drafting standards and review design for compliance.
- Use SolidWorks/SmarTeam software to develop layouts, models/drawings and designs that meet engineering specifications.
- Prepare preliminary drawings and work with requester for approval and/or modifications.
- Utilize alpha search, SmarTeam, and Epicor to find existing drawings or examples.
- Prepare buyout material lists when required by Drawing Request.
- Prepare detailed scale drawing upon approval of preliminary drawings.
- Complete data input forms for each product as required and check to ensure accuracy of other drafter’s forms.
- Sketch and identify cooling products from customers or units in the field.
- Calculate dimensions, weights, capacities, or qualities using SolidWorks capabilities.
- Assist with customer service, research, and documentation as directed by supervisor.
- Report equipment problems to supervisor.
- Inventory supplies and materials and forwards requests to the drafting clerk.
- Assist with plotting/filing and other Drafting tasks when necessary or to fill in during absences.
- Work occasional overtime or weekends to complete a project, if required.
- Perform related work or other job duties as required by supervisor.
- Perform work in a safe manner and follow all safety guidelines and procedure.
- Domestic and international travel required and could include weekend travel depending on the project.Knowledge.
Skills and Abilities Required for Entry Level:
- Knowledge in engineering drafting principles, practices, methods and equipment required.
- Skill in preparing and interpreting detailed drawings, graphs, charts and specifications.
- Must be detail orientated, have mechanical aptitude and strong initiative.
- Communicate, in English, effectively both orally and in writing.
- Understand and interpret complex and technical information.
- Demonstrate maturity, intelligence, cooperation, and discretion.
- Work effectively with fellow employees and independently.
- Dependability under both supervised and unsupervised conditions.
- Experience using SolidWorks with 3-D design.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, and Outlook.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical, drug and background test.
Minimum Qualifications for Application:
2 year degree in mechanical drafting, 3-5 years of experience with detail drawings for sheet metal assemblies and weldments.
Knowledge of Epicor, Ultimate Software or similar ERP system.
Experience in Lean Manufacturing, 5S, or Six Sigma.
Skills Required Domestic and International Travel Novice Solid works Software Novice Preferred Writing Clearly and Concisely Novice Technical Writing Novice Technical Work Novice Investigating Solutions Novice Ability to Work Under Pressure Novice Attention to Detail Novice Checking For Accuracy Novice Calculating Data Novice 3-D Printing and Modeling Novice
Team Player Works well as a member of a group
Detail Oriented Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Dedicated Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Work-Life Balance Inspired to perform well by having ample time to pursue work and interests outside of work
Self-Starter Inspired to perform without outside help
Goal Completion Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Associates or better in Design and Mechanical Systems or related field.Experience
Preferred3-5 years: SolidWorks experience with detail drawings on sheet metal assemblies and weldments. Licenses & Certifications