Production Control Manager
- Leads and sustains a dedicated, capable, and engaged team through development and strict adherence to our core values: Safety, Quality, Teamwork, Integrity, and Customer Satisfaction.
- Responsible for overall production, capacity and material planning, purchasing, warehousing, inventory control, and scheduling activities to maximize schedule adherence, customer service, and delivery.
- Leads organization in attaining key metrics including working capital, inventory turns, days on hand, on-time delivery, and schedule adherence.
- Establish and implement methods and best practices related to the systems and process that support inventory forecasting, purchasing, material control, ECO implementation, and scheduling.
- Develop and implement supplier strategies to ensure correct delivery, quality and supply flow of product from vendor in collaboration with supply chain.
- Manage and flex material demand and flow through Kanban and MRP allowing for fluctuation in forecast and managing the growth of the business while ensuring the timely availability of components.
- Responsible for a formalized inventory cycle count control system to maintain inventory accuracy and integrity.
- Manage the shipping and receiving functions of the plant, and the storage of purchased parts and finished goods.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with other departments to ensure cohesiveness within the plant.
- Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by implementing, maintaining and aligning company policies with health and safety regulations.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- 5+ year’s related experience (manufacturing, supply chain, inventory control).
- 5+ year’s supervisory experience.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Strong leadership skills, ability to motivate others, resolve conflict, encourage teamwork, and manage employee performance.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, project management, and facilitation skills.
- Strong materials management skills including various levels of planning from Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) to execution and control of production activity, transactional management, Material Requirements Planning (MRP), Kanban, purchasing, warehousing, inventory control, scheduling, shipping and/or logistics.
- Self-starter, able to work with or lead cross-functional teams.
- Must be able to work under minimal direct supervision and be willing to take initiative to resolve problems and to help revise and upgrade processes.
- Strong knowledge of materials and inventory control in manufacturing environments.
- APICS CPIM or ISM CPSM certification is preferred.