Sr. Group Underwriter
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Humera is seeking multiple Sr. Group Underwriters for our client, a major health care provider in Minnetonka, MN. The individuals who fill these roles will be responsible for managing financial analysis and new business and renewal underwriting (risk assessment and pricing) for middle market and key account groups. These are long term contract positions!
- Appropriately apply underwriting risk and pricing guidelines to project future costs and develop pricing decisions for existing accounts & new business prospects.
- Communicate and explain rationale of pricing decision to Sales; work with them to develop renewal strategies for clients that meet customer objectives and our client's financial and group retention goals.
- Demonstrate sound business judgment.
- Document actions in underwriting files and meet department service turnaround objectives.
- Occasionally meet with key brokers and key customers and prospects along with the sales account executive.
- Complete various actuarial and macro financial analyses for various subsets of our client's business. Develop and communicate analysis results and pricing policies.
- Participate in multi-functional teams to develop and communicate new products, processes, policies
- Develop understanding of marketplace competitors (their data format and definitions, products, networks, strengths and weaknesses).
- Participate in departmental and MBS communication/training forums
- Enhance and maintain pricing applications for renewal and new business pricing.
- Enhance and maintain macro data tracking tools.
- Enhance and maintain policy and procedure manuals
- Bachelor's degree (Finance or Math)
- 4+ years as a Large Group Underwriter for a Health Insurance company
- Excellent communication
- Negotiation skills
- Confident in decision making
- Effective ability to multi-task
- Excellent documentation skills
- Organizational skills
- Good listener
- Detail oriented