The Primary Care Service line is currently seeking a part time Health Technician (Telehealth) for the Ely, Minnesota Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC).Responsibilities
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Performing telehealth imaging, including tele-retinal screening, tele-dermatology, tele-wound care imaging, and other telehealth programming.
- Responsible for patient site clinical, business, scheduling, and technical aspects for real-time telehealth applications, including all specialty, mental health, and primary care telehealth encounters.
- Taking measures to ensure patient care is delivered safely by following appropriate procedures for inventory management, cleaning of clinical equipment and the care environment while following all patient safety guidelines, protocols, and procedures;
- Performing screening of patients for telehealth modality and referring patients that do not meet established criteria to appropriate care.
- Providing established education and training to Veterans, staff and providers on the use of telehealth technologies and serving as a point of contact to answer questions and address concerns related to these technologies.
- Measuring temperature, blood pressure, respiratory rate, oxygen saturation, height and weight
- Performs venipuncture collection of specimens.
- Performs Point of Care testing.
- Performs STAT duties.
- Performs order entry and accessioning of test orders in the computer system.
- Instructs patient regarding tests such as the collection of random specimens samples
Work Schedule: Mon, Wed and Thurs, 8 am - 4:30 pm
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required Travel Required
Not requiredSupervisory status No Promotion Potential 6