Medical Instrument Technologist (EKG)
This position is located at the Minneapolis VA hospital in Minneapolis, MN. The incumbent serves as the Medical Instrument Technician (Electrocardiograph/Telemetry) as a member of the Nurse Executive Clinical Resources Team, Minneapolis VA Healthcare System. This position functions by operating and monitoring electrocardiographic equipment for continuous telemetry rhythm evaluation and interpretation.Responsibilities
1. Print and interprets all elements of telemetry rhythm strip and informs nursing staff of any changes in rhythm.
2. Assist nursing with determining alarm settings and customized parameters for each patient.
3. Document rhythm interpretation every 8 hours and with any rhythm change.
4. Document communication with nursing staff regarding changes in patient condition and monitor settings.
5. Perform 12 Lead EKG in the Lab and provide consultation throughout the medical center.
6. Perform exercise tolerance test with RN or provider.
7. Place Holter (24-48) hour monitors on patients and provide patient education.
8. Inform patients about exam being performed and any hazards associated with the exam so patient understands procedures.
9. Download and edit results of EKG, Holter monitor into appropriate computer system to maintain patient records.
10. Train and validate competency of medical center staff on EKG and telemetry procedures.
11. Recognize lethal rhythms/arrhythmias (including acute myocardial infarction, STEMI,NSYEMI) and immediately notifies staff.
12. Train new employees on Telemetry, EKG ,Holter and exercise tolerance equipment.
Work Schedule: Full time tours include Night, Day, and Evening (weekend and holidays inclu1ded). Part-time schedule available upon request.
Functional Statement Title/#: Electrocardiograph/Telemetry 000000
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Not requiredSupervisory status No Promotion Potential 7