Benefits Counselor-MNsure Project Coordinator
JustUs Health, formed through a merger between the Minnesota AIDS Project (MAP) and Rainbow Health Initiative (RHI), envisions a Minnesota where people from diverse gender, sexual, and cultural communities experience health and wellness in powerfully inclusive environments. Founded in 1983, MAP is widely recognized for the impact of its prevention and support services for individuals living with HIV or at risk of HIV infection. RHI, founded in 2001, advances the health of the LGBTQ communities through research, education and advocacy. Together, JustUs Health will lead work to achieve health equity for diverse gender, sexual, and cultural communities.
- Coordinate targeted enrollment and outreach activities with MNsure Project staff and external grant partners to alert eligible individuals about access to health care coverage through MNsure (the MN health insurance exchange).
- Provide direct assistance to clients to obtain health care benefits through MNsure, including informing clients of all health care options, determining eligibility, and assisting with enrollment.
- Provide direct assistance to people living with HIV/AIDS and HIV/AIDS service providers.
- Provide basic information to other providers regarding MNsure enrollment and questions related to the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- Collect needed data to maintain quality performance and service delivery including grant reporting and budget tracking.
- Establish and maintain knowledge of public health programs and private health insurance coverage through MNsure.
- Establish and maintain expert knowledge of HIV and HIV-related benefits concerns and resources.
- Participate in outreach events and other marketing opportunities for MNsure throughout the state.
- Establish and maintain professional working relationships with other organizations and MNsure Community Specialist.
- Oversee the training and coordination of MNsure Project staff.
- Minimum one-year experience in HIV or social services, or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- Demonstrated skill and expertise working with individuals from communities that are disproportionately impacted by HIV, including African American, Latinx, African born, and LGBTQ. Those with lived experiences in these communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills with individuals, professionals, and organizations.
- High level of motivation with attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple priorities under strict deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access) and comfortable using other electronic recording systems.
- Valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation is preferred.
Hours: Full time, generally 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. Mo-FR, some evenings, weekends, and travel required.
To Apply, submit cover letter & resumes to:
Attn: Human Resources
2577 Territorial Road
St. Paul, MN 55114
No telephone or email inquiries, please.
JustUs Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We encourage applications from all interested persons, including women, people of color, persons with disabilities and LGBTQ persons.
Apply for Benefits Counselor-MNsure Project Coordinator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly