Clinical Coordinator (Professional Faculty) -Physician Assistant Program
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
The Master of Physician Assistant (MPA) Program at St. Catherine University invites applications for a 0.5 FTE, 12-month position as Clinical Coordinator commensurate with academic experience and degree. The PA Program is seeking a knowledgeable, experienced and collaborative applicant, who will work with the program director, medical director and other program faculty to ensure availability and accessibility to quality clinical instructors and supervised clinical practice experiences through the recruitment, development and maintenance of community and clinical affiliations.
The Clinical Coordinator is an integral part of the program, who will implement the professional (clinical) phase of the PA Program. The Clinical Coordinator is responsible for leading the development and maintenance of clinical site affiliations and will be a primary liaison with the medical community. The successful candidate plans and coordinates the clinical practicum components of the program, including student placement, clinical examinations, evaluation of clinical instruction, and assessment of student progress throughout the professional phase. This person will work collaboratively with the Academic Coordinator/Curriculum Director, Didactic and Clinical teams facilitating the collection of data and its analysis to inform and respond to curricular decisions.
• The recruitment, development, and maintenance of clinical affiliates for required supervised clinical experiences.
• Coordination of clinical site placements and clinical and community outreach. • Participation in clinical assessment, evaluation and other duties associated with the delivery of the professional phase of the Program.
• Teaching in areas of expertise and participating in skills instruction, student evaluation, advising, and remediation are also expected.
• Participation in student admission and selection processes, student advising for research, masters, and clinical quality improvement projects, and assisting with accreditation preparation and maintenance.
• Demonstrate willingness to participate in the development of a collaborative academic/clinical practice model that augments program curricular content and delivery, enhances student learning and strengthens clinical practice.
• It is essential for faculty members to maintain medical and professional proficiency through ongoing certification and be responsive to pursing continuing education courses or topics in areas of Program need or wherein areas of expertise are necessary for increasing the capacity or strength of Program content delivery. • Participation in scholarly activity, including the pursuit of original research and participation within Program and University committees will be expected.
• A PA who has a Bachelor's degree or a physician who has earned a doctoral degree.
• One year clinical practice experience
• Current NCCPA certification or is eligible for MN PA licensure
• Masters Degree
• 3-5 years of clinical practice experience
• Previous experience in an academic setting, teaching, or the coordination of graduate-level health care students is strongly preferred.
• An understanding and ability to address topics related to PA practice and the PA profession and should demonstrate a strong commitment to fulfilling the mission of the PA program and St. Catherine University
Special/Other Requirements Summary
St. Catherine University seeks creative, adaptable faculty who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity and multicultural understanding. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply, as are those who will contribute to a diverse candidate pool. Consistent with the university's Catholic identity, its commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their teaching, research, and service.
Please go to the St. Catherine University Employment Site at www.stkate.edu/hr to electronically apply for this position. Applicants may also visit the University Human Resources office, located in Derham Hall Room 8, to submit an electronic application. Attach an application letter, CV and a statement of teaching interests. Candidates selected for an interview will need to provide 3 references. Official transcripts and background check will be required for employment. For information, contact Heather Bidinger at 651-690-7880 or email@example.com or. Review of applications will begin June 22nd, 2018 and will continue until the position is filled; however, priority will be given to complete applications received by June 30th.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer; Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org