Academic Information Specialist- Office of the Registrar
St. Catherine University invites applications for an Academic Information Specialist position in the Office of the Registrar. The Academic Information Specialist is responsible to support associate students from the point of admission through graduation. This position evaluates and processes transfer work for all associate students, both before and after the student's acceptance to the University. The Academic Information Specialist works closely with students and faculty to ensure students are prepared to graduate, and posts associate level degrees and certificates upon successful completion of coursework. This position supervises the customer service coordinator and ensures that a high standard of professionalism and customer service is maintained on a daily basis. The Academic Information Specialist is actively involved in specific tasks that relate to student registration and record management for students at all levels.
• Perform transfer evaluations and enter data for every student accepted to programs offered at the associate level.
• Complete transfer evaluations for students who have not yet been accepted to the associate program.
• Make recommendations for improvements to the transfer process and services for transfer students.
• Process Pre-Approval Transfer requests for associate students.
• Manage registration changes and issues, such as, special registrations for internships, research, independent/directed study, audits, Mitchell Hamline Dispute Resolution, etc.
• Manage registration eligibility issues, including assigning special PINs.
• Process leave of absence/ withdrawal requests for all students.
• Manage attendance issues by working with faculty and dropping student no-shows.
• Supervise Customer Service Coordinator Position and provide active assistance to the front desk/Customer Service Coordinator.
• Manage specific processes in regard to student records, including, grade changes, requests for satisfactory/unsatisfactory grading, incomplete and extended grades, sending reminders about grading deadlines, and assist with grading policy and technical questions.
• Process official transcript requests (printing and mailing).
• Complete athletic reporting paperwork.
• Produce and process Continuing Education SEED transcripts annually.
• Manage registrar office's portion of commencement for associate programs. Proof associate portion of the commencement brochure. Post associate program students' degrees.
• Adhere to policies and procedures, provide a thorough training of job responsibilities for office staff
Special/Other Requirements Summary
To apply: Please visit the St. Catherine University Employment Site at http://www.stkate.edu/hr for electronic application information and details. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply, as are those who will contribute to a diverse candidate pool. Requisition number is #20180037-Staff. Applicants may also visit the St. Catherine University Human Resources office to submit an electronic application. We are located in Derham Hall, Room 8. Application review begins immediately, position open until filled.
• Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution is required.
• A minimum of two years of employment in a registrar's office or other enrollment management areas within higher education strongly preferred.
• Attention to detail and organization.
• Ability to work independently and adhere to self-imposed and externally imposed deadlines.
• Strong evidence of ability to take initiative and successfully oversee and lead projects to positive conclusion
• Ability to interpret broad policies and use judgment to apply those policies to specific situations.
• Ability to function in a high-stress, fast-paced environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Computer skills: proven data entry, word processing, email, and web navigation experience.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to work effectively with a diverse student, staff and faculty population.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer ~Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org