The Full-Time Permanent Psychologist is located in the Minneapolis and VISN 23's Comprehensive Pain Center (CPC) which is located within the Extended Care and Rehabilitation Service Line. The CPC is an Interdisciplinary Pain Rehabilitation Program offering varying levels of pain treatment, including our 4-week intensive program.Responsibilities
The position requires specialized knowledge and expertise in the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of variety of chronic pain disorders and related issues, including the identification and treatment of mental health disorders within the context of chronic medical illness. The psychologist may provide diagnostic interviews, assessments, psychotherapy, biofeedback and treatment coordination for adult Veterans with a range of mental health and/or medical issues who are referred to Pain Center.
Provides a full range of therapeutic interventions including individual, couple/family, group psychotherapy and psycho-educational groups (i.e. anger management, coping skills), as well as specialized interventions such as Biofeedback, CBT for chronic pain and treatment within the Chronic Pain Rehabilitation Program (CPRP).Uses evidence based interventions.Presents informed reports and educates interdisciplinary teams on the use of newly proven or evidence based intervention techniques.
The incumbent is responsible for other duties as assigned including but is not limited to:
- Provides a full range of psychological assessment services and diagnoses mental disorders, particularly for complex or unusually difficult Veterans with co-morbid mental and physical health problems.
- Provides education to Veterans, family members, and significant others within the Pain Center.
- Consults with CPC professional staff, medical center staff, and VISN 23 referral sources concerning clinical assessment, appropriate treatment plans, behavioral plans, and discharge plans for Veterans.
- Provides consultation to other affiliated health care providers about treatment plans for Veterans, to ensure care is coordinated, collaborative and integrated within the overall care plan.
- Provide behavioral medicine interventions to manage pain, disability, address sleep problems, facilitate weight loss, promote Tobacco cessation and enhance medical compliance.
- Ability to use interpersonal and communication skills in dealing with a wide variety of people in gaining their support.
- Current skills, or willingness to learn and administer Biofeedback within the context of pain treatment.
- Staff psychologists may be involved in program development, evaluation and/or research activities.
- Develops, implements, and documents the psychotherapeutic treatment plan for Veterans served by the CPC.
Work Schedule: Days
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required Travel Required
Not requiredSupervisory status No Promotion Potential 13