The John Roberts Company is seeking a Digital Press Professional for our digital department. The ideal candidate has experience in wide format color print operation and a positive attitude. Must be committed to quality, possess a high level of attention to detail, consistent delivery, outstanding customer service, and able to function effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Read and calculate information; follow specific instructions as indicated on job tickets
- Ensure maximum machine efficiency while completing orders on time and in accordance with customers’ expectations.
- Set up and Operate HP 7900 & 10000 and the Versa-fire digital presses.
- Maintain inventory supplies as needed.
- Prepare final product for internal customer which includes shipping and delivery
- Maintain and safely use all large format finishing tools and equipment
- Provide quality control at designated steps on the process.
- 4 yr degree in related field or equivalent of five years related experience in related field.
- Proficiency in the use of Macintosh as well as electronic publishing systems.
- Proficiency in the use of desktop publishing and graphic software, including but not limited to, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat and Quark. Requires the ability to manipulate or modify industry standard file formats such as PDF, EPS, TIFF and JPEG.
- EFI , Kodak Prinergy, experience a PLUS.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interpret oral and written instructions.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to pay attention to detail.
- Ability to understand and demonstrate depth perception, color separation and saturation.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision to meet deadlines.
The employee is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger and reach with hands and arms on a daily basis. The employee must be able to lift up to 30 pounds occasionally.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus and distinguish colors from one another.
ABOUT JOHN ROBERTS
The John Roberts Company is a commercial printing, packaging and marketing provider. Our 225 thousand square foot building provides integrated marketing ideas and solutions as we work alongside clients to optimize and grow their businesses. John Roberts Company has been named a top workplace in the printing industry for over 17 years.
Join a progressive company that offers competitive pay, benefits and excellent career opportunities and advancement. Workout facility onsite! Candidates must pass pre-employment physical/drug screen and background check
Applicants are welcome to apply within or through our web site. We would love to hear from you!