Accounts Payable Coordinator
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
St. Catherine University invites applications for an Accounts Payable Coordinator position in the Business Office. The Accounts Payable Coordinator serves as a key support role within the Business Office of the University as the primary processor for Accounts Payable. This position is responsible for handling all aspects of the vendor payment process ensuring vendors are paid in an accurate and timely manner. Key Functions include data entry, payment processing, work direction and mentoring to student workers, and assistance in business office processes. The Accounts Payable Coordinator acts as the Office Manager responsible for ordering supplies for all Business Office staff and making sure all equipment is functioning correctly, and repairs are timely.
• Management of office equipment and office supplies for Business Office
• Prepare, audit, and process payment documents; includes check requests, payment request, employee expense reports, student reimbursements, student refunds.
• Maintain compliance with university, state, and federal policies and regulations.
• Assist with vendor setup in AP System, Research, answer vendor and departmental inquiries, identify and resolve invoice problems.
• Send out W-9 tax forms and ensure receipt of proper tax documentation. Capture MN Entertainer Tax and support 1042-S and unclaimed property reporting functions.
• Review payment requests for compliance with university policies, IRS regulations, accuracy and proper approvals.
• Reconcile vendor accounts.
• Execute the 4 weekly check runs (Checks, ACH/Direct Deposit, APControl and Student Refunds) includes sorting and stuffing checks with proper detail when needed.
• Continually educate end users and approvers about payment policies, procedures, and practices
• Prioritize work to meet deadlines despite frequent interruptions ensuring vendors are paid on an accurate and timely basis.
• Provides Work Direction and Mentoring of Student Workers.
• Manage student employees including the recruiting, hiring, training, technology, scheduling, and evaluations.
• Provides excellent customer service to faculty, staff, students and vendors in timely and professional manner.
Special/Other Requirements Summary
To apply: Please visit the St. Catherine University Employment Site at http://www.stkate.edu/hr for electronic application information and details. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply, as are those who will contribute to a diverse candidate pool. Requisition number is #20180038-Staff. Applicants may also visit the St. Catherine University Human Resources office to submit an electronic application. We are located in Derham Hall, Room 8. Application review begins immediately, position open until filled.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Minimum of 2 Years of experience working in financial/accounting environment ( i.e., record keeping, bookkeeping practices, and techniques, practices of auditing financial documents and records.)
• Knowledge of Internal Revenue Service (IRS) regulations.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Associates degree or Accounting and/or financing certificate preferred.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer ~Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org