Nurse Practitioner- Ely VA Outpatient Clinic
4 days left
- Employment Status
- Part Time
NURSE PRACTITIONER- ELY COMMUNITY BASE OUTPATIENT CLINIC
APRN STATE LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATION IS REQUIRED
3 YEARS NP EXPERIENCE IS STRONGLY PREFERRED
Come explore this great destination for outdoor recreation year-round! Activities range from snowmobiling, cross-country skiing, dogsledding, camping, fishing, and hiking. This area also boasts a close proximity to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness.
This position is located at the Ely VA Outpatient Clinic. In this role, the NP would require management of a PACT (PATIENT ALIGNED CARE TEAM) team of patients. Primary functions of this role include:
- Obtain health history, perform physical exams and documents findings in the medical record
- Order appropriate diagnostic procedures, and act on results
- Prescribe medication, treatments and patient supplies per practice agreement
- Educate patient/significant others on health care issues (i.e. medications, diet, life style changes and follow up).
- Schedule patients for labs, EKG's, x-rays, procedures and appointments
- Admit patients as needed
- Act as consultant and resource to Clinic personnel
- Participate in performance improvement initiatives
- Independently see patients in clinic.
- Manage complex treatment and medication regimen in outpatient setting
- Develop, update/maintain and provide education to patients, families and significant others to maximize healthcare outcomes and promote wellness.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel to other VA clinics for this position.Supervisory status No Promotion Potential 3