AR & Collections Specialist - Bloomington MN
Staffing Partners Inc has an immediate opening for an AR & Collections Specialist with our growing client in Bloomington MN! This is a long-term contract opportunity with our engineering client. The AR & Collections Specialist will be responsible for applying customer payments to the AR ledger, collecting on customer accounts that are past due, etc. We are looking for someone who is a dependable worker, has collections/AR experience and has an Associates or Bachelor's Degree in Accounting. If this sounds like you then please submit your resume today!
- Maintain up-to-date invoicing process using ERP system.
- Follow up, collection, and allocation of payments.
- Execute invoicing, collection, and reporting activities according to specific deadlines.
- Maintain thorough and well organized accounts receivable customer files.
- Research and negotiate chargeback claims.
- Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments, and other irregularities to support current customer credit limits.
- Track and investigate deductions from customer payments.
- Process, transmit, and run credit card transactions for customer sales and refunds.
- Maintain accounts receivable master customer files.
- Follow established procedures for processing receipts, cash etc.
- Investigate and resolve customer queries relative to statements.
- Organize a recovery system and initiate collection efforts.
- Communicate with customers via phone, email, mail, etc.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Associates Degree/Certification in Accounting.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 2-5 years of experience in AR/Collections role.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Willing to step in and work with a team.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Experience with ERP system (SAP a plus).