Sr. Logistics Business Partner
Description: About us:Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.Target Global Supply Chain and Logistics is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how we get the right product to the right guest even better, faster and more cost effectively than before. We are becoming more intelligent, automated and algorithmic in our decision-making, so that no matter how guests shop—in stores or on Target.com—we deliver the convenience and immediate gratification they demand and deserve. We are on a mission to win decisively over any competitor, with a seamless and superior guest service experience unlike any they can offer. Our teams work with the agility our mission requires, and we constantly come together to implement new processes in record time. So we're looking for exceptional people who are proactive, creative, independent, innovative, risk-savvy and comfortable working in varying degrees of ambiguity. Are you a critical thinker who seeks the root cause and can analyze both qualitatively and quantitatively? Are you a creative problem-solver who simplifies problems, quickly identifies solutions, commits to a plan and then positively influences others to execute it? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams. A role in Global Logistics, Inventory Allocation and Replenishment means you'll focus on the efficient transportation of product around the world. Here, you'll be challenged to pivot seamlessly from sales operations and planning, to ensuring compliance with U.S. Customs regulations, to achieving the best possible product availability through proper inventory positioning. You'll establish and develop great relationships with our vendors to encourage on-time shipment and delivery to stores and ultimately, guests. And you'll analyze transportation supplier capabilities and contracts for maximum speed, reliability and cost effectiveness. As a Senior Logistics Business Partner, you will support Target's Middle and Final Mile Transportation operations and Field operations by identifying opportunities to improve performance through root cause problem solving and analysis. Develop and implement process improvements, serve as a change agent and champion continuous improvement.Challenge cross functional partners by leveraging data and analytics to make the best decisions for total Target. More specifically you will be involved in:
- Leading a strong safety culture, addressing safety trends, process improvement, ensuring clear expectations are set and met.
- Stores Transportation Services partnership on all Middle/Final Mile Operational processes in support of field operations.
- Analyze data and makes recommendations to improve performance in key areas: safety, on time delivery and pick up and asset management.
- Proactively identifying problems, getting to root cause and developing and implementing process improvements.
- Establish and foster strong relationships between DC Senior leadership, Field Transportation and HQ cross functional partners concerning all aspects of the Target supply chain.Challenges these cross functional partners by leveraging data and analytics to make the best decisions for total Target. About you:
- Bachelors Degree
- 2+ years of transportation experience
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills