1 day left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
The Process Engineer is responsible for the development, implementation and documentation of the manufacturing processes, utilizing scientific molding principles. Process Engineer will provide technical expertise to specify, improve, implement and validate new and existing manufacturing process equipment, tools and lean methodologies to meet delivery demands, quality requirements and business goals. The Process Engineer will develop and review process controls, emphasize continuous improvement through Lean Manufacturing methodology and Kaizen activities, participate in the development of cell layouts, set up reduction (SMED), while continually working to improve efficiencies. Process Engineer will also be responsible for mentoring, training and developing the technical molding staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering; and a minimum of 5 years of plastic injection molding experience is required; or the equivalent combination of education and experience considered.
- Extensive knowledge of plastic manufacturing processes, including: injection molding, basic and complex mold design, mold build fabrication, mold operation automation, post-mold automation, and molded part quality inspection.
- Experience implementing decoupled molding processes and scientific molding techniques
- RJG and/or Scientific Molding Training highly preferred.
- Experience with Statistical Process Control (SPC) helpful
- Knowledge of advanced quality planning (APQP) techniques helpful.
- Strong working understanding of Microsoft Office products required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Self-starter with a high level of self-motivation. Able to handle changing priorities and short time constraints.
Plastech Corporation is a Drug Free Workplace. Pre-employment drug screening and background checks are required