With 40 years of experience, Stan Koch & Sons Trucking is one of the upper mid-west leaders in the transportation industry. With a focus on innovation, service and people, we are looking for qualified, motivated and high energy individuals to provide excellent service as a Trailer or Tractor Mechanic.
Mechanics for Koch Trucking, Inc. complete preventative maintenance tasks and diagnose, adjust, repair, or overhaul various tractors for use in the over-the-road trucking industry.
$3000 Sign on bonus offered for new Mechanics! Initial payment of $500 with first paycheck, $500 after 30 days, $1000 after 60 days and $1000 after 120 days. Bonus is based on satisfactory performance during 120 days where employee must meet the requirements of the position and competently perform duties assigned to be eligible.
Competitive salary and benefits offered, including tool & boot allowance! Must have own tools. Salary is based on experience. DOT Certification and CDL preferred, will pay to attain. Clean, well equipped, customer driven shop. Truck experience is preferred, all are encouraged to apply!
What does the job look like daily?
- Maintain Company equipment and facilities including keeping them in good, clean, orderly condition.
- Work safely at all times by adhering to all applicable safety policies. Comply with all Company policies, procedures and standards.
- The mechanic will complete preventative and reactive maintenance on all tractors within the company or for customers of the company. This includes regularly scheduled maintenance such as oil/fluid changes, routine tractor maintenance, etc. in accordance with Company policy.
- Mechanics will diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs and if necessary or applicable use engine diagnostic equipment such as computerized test equipment and calibration devices.
- Job duties include adjusting, maintaining, and repairing or replacing subassemblies, such as transmissions and crawler heads, changing clutches, repairing wheel seals, tire changes, replacing wind shields, using hand tools, jacks, etc. Assembly of gear systems as well as aligning frames and gears is also required.
- Mechanics will order necessary parts to repair the equipment from the parts department or parts may be on-site and are carried or dollied to the work area.
- Mechanics will often dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools and will examine parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges.
- A mechanic must be able to read and understand operating manuals, blueprints, and technical drawings. Occasionally the mechanics will travel to the necessary location and perform diagnostic checks on the equipment/repair as needed.
- Occasionally cleaning of parts by spraying them with grease solvent or immersing them in tanks of solvent is necessary
- Mechanics may occasionally weld or solder broken parts and structural members, using an arc/wire feed welder/O2 torch and soldering tools.
- General clean-up of the work area including spraying down vehicles, sweeping, etc. is completed as needed.
- Perform DOT annual inspections if applicable
- Provide on-the-job training to technicians and helpers as assigned.
- Work overtime as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What do you need to do the job?
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Maintain current MSHA card if work area requires.
- Operate computer and knowledge of software for means of shop order entry.
- Demonstrated technical skill competence.
- Knowledge and skills to operate and understand diagnostic equipment including computerized instrumentation.
- Appropriate manner, conduct and grooming adhere to company policy.
- Ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively.
- Knowledge of CAT machine components and systems.
- Continued education on latest technology in the field of maintenance.
- Desire knowledge on Cummins and Detroit engines.
- Mechanic must have excellent working knowledge of Semi-Trailers.
- Ability to be Minnesota State certified for annual DOT inspections purposes.
- Mechanic must have working knowledge of ABS brake systems.
- Must have a good mechanical aptitude.
- Learn and use Company and product procedures and systems.
- Communicate with proper individuals to clarify instructions or discuss scope or progress of job.
- Must be able to up to 50+ lbs and constantly work in awkward positions of bending, kneeling and laying as well as frequent climbing on ladders or into/onto tops of trailers for repairs as necessary.
Why work for us?
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Annual profit sharing bonus
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term disability
- Holiday pay and Paid Time Off
- 401K with immediate company match
- Professional growth opportunities
- Fun team of experienced professionals who love their job!
Koch Trucking is a place to call home.
Family owned, Driver Focused.