As a VA professional, your opportunities are endless. With many openings in the multiple functions of VA, you will have a wide range of opportunities and leadership positions at your fingertips. Not only is it the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the Nation, but we also provide many other services to Veterans through the Benefits Administration and National Cemeteries.Responsibilities
This position covers Hayward, Rice Lake and the Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOC's). The Social Worker will be based at the Rice Lake CBOC and is expected to travel a minimum of one day per week to the Chippewa Falls and Hayward CBOC's as needed. Travel to the Minneapolis VA Healthcare System and other CBOC's will be required during the orientation period.
DUE TO LIMITED SUPERVISION AND THE GEOGRAPHIC DISTANCE FROM THE MEDICAL CENTER THE INCUMBENT MUST BE LICENSED AT THE INDEPENDENT CLINICAL PRACTICE LEVEL.
The individual's clinical duties are assigned to the Hayward, Rice Lake and Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin Community Based Outpatient Clinic. The incumbent is assigned to the Primary Care Patient Service Line of the Minneapolis VA Health Care System. The incumbent works with veterans within the clinic setting and surrounding community. The individual in this role independently performs case finding functions and outreach, identifying and screening patients for psychosocial needs. Incumbent must posses the knowledge and ability to independently implement treatment modalities, provide counseling or psychotherapy for individuals, families and groups.
· Independently conducts psychosocial assessments
· Develops treatment plans in collaboration with the veteran/family and with the interdisciplinary treatment team.
· Coordinates community based services, including information and referral for additional services from other VA programs, other government programs and community agency programs.
· Independently identifies high-risk patients and provides case management services.
· Provides crisis intervention services, seeking to address the cause as well as the presenting complaint.
· Coordinates family conferences and serves as a liaison to family members.
· Establishes and maintains effective therapeutic relationships with veterans and their families. Ability to independently work with patients and families who are experiencing a variety of psychiatric, medical and social problems utilizing individual, group and family counseling and therapy skills.
· Provides consultation services to other staff regarding the psychosocial needs of veterans and the impact of psychosocial problems on health care and adherence to treatment plan.
Work Schedule: 8:00 a.m. -4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday, May be required to provide coverage for other Community Based Outpatient Clinics.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.Supervisory status No Promotion Potential 11